facebook

clean build of project adds MyEclipse_DerbyFilter in web.xml

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ismoore999

HI

I have scaffolded the start of a project to a mysql database.
    All has been working well until I had some build issues and did a clean build.
    As part of the process it rebuilt web.xml but startup fails due to the introduction of a filter
    MyEclipse_DerbyFilter
    I have never used derby, even though it always lists this as part of the database objects, it is not in use by any DAO, and I have to manually remove it if I do a clean build (this is the second time it has happened.)
    How can I prevent this and get rid of this?

MyEclipse for Spring
    Version: 10.6.0
    Build ID: 10.6.0-20120831

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #339980 Reply

ismoore999

One other comment on this is that within the DAO properties there are also details of the Derby connection for the classic cars but I have never tried to use this with the project

#339981 Reply

ismoore999

Furthermore it also seems to have removed the existing persistance meaning that lazy loading is now no longer working so the following was removed without reason

<filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>iActsFilter</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/NotificationRestController/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

#340088 Reply

ismoore999,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

We could not replicate the issue at our end. Can you please switch to a new workspace and check whether you can scaffold a project successfully using MySql ?

If you are still facing issues, can you please mention exactly what build errors you are getting ? If possible please attach the screenshot of the build errors to help us investigate further.

#340092 Reply

ismoore999

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    With respect to build problems, I am not getting any. It is at run time as it tries to instanciate a bean for the derby-driver but there is not one!

This is very much an intermittent problem and I have only seen it twice so I am also getting issues putting together a plan for reproducing it.

I also have a similar issue that I have logged here
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/property-dialect-getting-set-to-blank/
    related to the rebuild. Again this has started recently after a clean build.

I will feed back further information as I find it.

Thanks in advance
    Ian

#340122 Reply

Ian,

Sorry that you are facing these issues.

We haven’t been able to replicate the issues you mentioned. Can you please try to replicate the issues in a new workspace ? If you are still facing issues in a new workspace, then let us know the exact steps to replicate the issue at our end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: clean build of project adds MyEclipse_DerbyFilter in web.xml

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in