facebook

Clicking on the GA Version link does nothing… [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

juicyparts

Hopefully it is something simple but when I click to download the latest version nothing happens. And I mean nothing.

I click the link, my cursor turns to hand pointer, the browser activity icon (upper right near tool bar) starts moving, the stops and then…nothing.

I registered on or about 10 July so I’m within my 30-day trial period; I downloaded the version not certified for E2.1.1 and was waiting for the GA release.

Is there something I can do so I can download the new version?

Thanks…

Mel Riffe

#197062 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Mel,

My bet is that your browser automatically thinks it should run the installer rather than downloading it first and is trying to silently download it to a temp file. Try right-clicking and selecting “Save as…”

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197064 Reply

juicyparts

Scott,

Well I tried that and it still didn’t work. Then I tried using IE instead of Mozilla and blammo I’m downloading the file.

I guess last time I used IE to download the installer.

Very interesting…

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Mel Riffe

#197258 Reply

simon

I registered on or about 10 July so I’m within my 30-day trial period

Hmmm, I never thought of this: when does the trial clock start ticking? The time when I registered as user here? or the time when I downloaded the software? or the time when I actually installed the software?

Thanks.

simon.

#197260 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Good question. The clock starts “ticking” as soon as you first run the software. To see how much time you have left in the trial, visit the MyEclipse Subscription preference page.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Clicking on the GA Version link does nothing… [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in