facebook

Clone Editor fails

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rolandh
    Participant

I clone the same file and place the editor next to each other. I can scroll up and down. Changes are ONLY done on the last opened editor.

If I try to scroll on my second instance and type in my first instance the second instance scroll down and typing is inserted on the second instance 🙁

That’s not really usable :-/

#604198 Reply

rolandh,

Thanks for trying CodeMix.

As of now clone functionality is not fully supported in CodeMix editors. However, we are working at delivering better multi editor support in the coming releases. Hopefully we should be able to deliver this feature soon.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Shilpee

#604200 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

Hi Shilpee,

OK, but the problem with scrolling in one editor and clicking in the other – if displayed side by side – is an annoying issue. The cursor is not positioned where I click! It is positioned where it was last time before I left the editor.

Hard to describe… Anyway plz try it!

With the clone editor this issue appears even worse!

roland

#604202 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

rolandh,

I have just replicated the issue which you mentioned. It is a case when you have different files open next to each other. Fully agree that it may be annoying. I will rise a priority of it to have it fixed for the next release. Unfortunately, the case with a cloned editor is a different one and will be tackled separately.

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak

#604203 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

Great!!!!

The other minor issue with cursor placement: Have some code, e.g.

myVarWithoutThis=15

which will be marked that it has an error. Double click on the variable ==> Right-Click ==> Fix with ‘add this.’
    This will be fixed. But the cursor marker remains on the variable without this., i.e. the marker is too short – it ends too early.

If this could be fixed as well – would be great as well. Although _not_ that critical as the other! The other is really annoying cuz it confuses me heavily!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Clone Editor fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in