facebook

[Closed] 5.5M1 licensing and SNAPs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

trans888

Hi. I installed the new 5.5M1…looks good!

BUT: when I went to fire up the database explorer SNAP it told me that I only had 1 myeclipse license and would not run until I quit from myeclipse proper.

This is not too useful IMHO. is this just ‘teething troubles” or is this by design (ie each module will require a separate license)?

Cheers,

Alph

#265528 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Alph,

That’s certainly not how it’s supposed to work. And, with little help from you we can hopefully get it sorted out.

Your single license should be able to launch MyEclipse and all the SNAPs at the same time. That’s what we designed and tested it to do internally. Are you by any chance running MyEclipse 5.5M1 (or SNAPs) on two different machines at the same time? Within MyEclipse, can you see what is reported at Window > Preferences > Subscription? There’s a button in there that will list all IPs using the same subscription. What does that say when the problem occurs?

#265648 Reply

trans888

I think I see the issue here.

You are correct, there are instances running at different net addresses.

BUT.

They are all on my laptop.

Let me explain…

I have the MS loopback adaptor installed.

When I started myeclipseide, I could see that it bound itself to 10.0.0.1 (the address assigned to the loopback adaptor).

When DBExplorer started, it bound to my real IP (192.168.1.101).

Thus the issue you have described.

I also have vmware server installed and it makes different virtual network adaptors, perhaps this is POTENTIALLY a wider issue?

Cheers,

BOB

#265651 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Bob,

The setup you have is definately a special case. Can you please contact subscriptions at myeclipseide.com, explain the situation, and reference this thread to show you raised the issue on the forums and were sent to them directly. They’ll be able to help.

#265681 Reply

trans888

I’ll contact subscriptions…thanks.

As for my situation being a special case…I have to disagree.

The loopback adaptor is often required to be installed to support things like mobile phone/pda connections. It is also very handy to have when one has to run demos on a single laptop (esp. when that laptop is not connected to a real LAN).

Also, I’d hardly call having vmware installed ‘a special case’ these days…and I strongly suspect that even if the loopback adaptor was not there, one of the other virtual adaptors would have been used(?).

Cheers,

BOB

#265721 Reply

Sorry, but I think you’re going to have to re-open this discussion.
    I ran into exactly the same situation – I have a wireless adapter and a wired adapter. When I’m at work, I have them both enabled. The license complained that I had two machines running the same license, and the IP addresses listed were both associated to my machine.

I don’t have this issue with MyEclipse 5.0 (but then, it doesn’t have SNAPs). What you’ll need to do is change things so that it checks if all the IPs running the license are IPs associated with this machine. Or something similar.

For now, the workaround is to disable my wireless card, but that’s a workaround which I view as inconvenient.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] 5.5M1 licensing and SNAPs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in