facebook

[Closed] Automatic deployment

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Steven Leija

Hello,

I’m very interested in a feature and not sure if it exists or not. When I save web files (html, jsp, tlds, etc) I would like for myeclipse to auto deploy to my container. Is this not something available?

Thank you,

Steven

#237563 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Steven,
    You need to use an “Exploded” deployment, then this is exactly what will happen.

#237689 Reply

Steven Leija

This message has not been recovered.

#237690 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This message has not been recovered.

#238463 Reply

agholap

Steven, the auto deployment is not working for me even if I keep the automatic build selected. I also noticed that my project is not compiling automatically unless I force it by clicking clean on project menu. Any idea?

#238465 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Agholap,
    Open up your project properties and open up your Builders settings, what builders do you have listed? Also what kind of project is it? Do you see a MYEclipse-Web preference setting under that panel?

#238481 Reply

agholap

Steve, I am using eclipse 3.01. I have other projects in the same workspace and they are being compiled and deployed properly.
    Particular this project is a web project. with some java beans/jsp etc. When ever I change a jsp its reflected, but when ever I change a Java bean its not reflected.
    Builders WEbClassPath/Java/J2EEProjectValidator/DeploymentDescriptor/Non JSP/Deployment/Validation/Structured Doc and model builder

Also myeclipse-web preference I am using workbench default value.

thanks

#238484 Reply

Riyad Kalla

agholap,
    Few things, my name isn’t Steve, that was the original poster, next item on the list, automatic deployment is infact working correctly, the reason you aren’t seeing your changes in your Java Bean could be a multitude of reasons:

1) You are not using JDK 1.4+ to run Eclipse and your App server
    2) Your app server doesn’t support JSR 45 spec
    3) Your app server’s context is not set to reload changes

So if you would like help troubleshooting what is wrong with the app server setup I’m happy to help, just provide the JDK information you use to start Eclipse and your app server, also tell me what app server and version you are using as well.

#238489 Reply

agholap

I checked all three combinations..
    1) JDK being used is 1.4.2_07
    2) Tomcat 4.1.30
    3) app context is set to reload the changes.

I noticed one thing that I am facing these issues for the projects that I added recently. There is only one project which works fine as required. All other projects are not working as desired. I am not sure what is the reason.
    Sorry about the name confusion.

#238492 Reply

Riyad Kalla

2) Tomcat 4.1.30

Tomcat 4.x does not support JSR-45 spec, you need to use 5.x, this might be why you are seeing this behavior.

3) app context is set to reload the changes.

This can help mask hot sync failures, in that every 15 seconds or so Tomcat will reload the context. You can also use the Tomcat manager to do this manually, I use a combination of all of these tricks and almost never need to restart the app server, it’s fairly handy.

#238493 Reply

agholap

I am not sure if JSR-45 is the real issue here. because I have one project which works fine meaning..dynamic compilation and deployment are working fine for that project. But its not working for all other projects.

#238495 Reply

Riyad Kalla

But its not working for all other projects.

Make sure you are using an exploded deployment, none of this is supported with a packaged deployment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Automatic deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in