facebook

[Closed] Config problem sharing an iSeries project with ME

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kmagnant

I am trying to share an Eclipse project, created in IBM Rational Web Developer 6.0, with MyEclipse 5.5.1. I am trying to do this without breaking the project in the IBM tool.

Why am I doing this: A web service is generated by the Rational tool based exposing behavior on an AS400. Our production application servers are jBoss. I would like to be able to debug the web service while it is running on jBoss. The web service runs fine, I am trying to get performance improvements into the generated code.

Problem: Some resources from the project are not defined when the project is imported (as an existing project) into MyEclipse 5.5.1.

The project, opened in MyEclipse, complains that the “Target runtime Websphere Application Server v6.0 is not defined”. Apparently this is needed to compile the classes in the project. The rather simple classfile is attached below, I believe the problem has to do with the way the container is specified, but I am unable to adjust it so it works in both IDEs.

The Rational project is built with an IBM 1.4 jdk. MyEclipse recognizes this and correctly per Projects Facets. I can get the project to work in MyEclipse 5.5.1, but it breaks the project when opened in the Rational tool.

**** The following classpath file is from the Rational Web Developer IDE (Eclipse 3.0.2) ****

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <classpath>
    <classpathentry kind=”src” path=”JavaSource”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”con” path=”com.ibm.wtp.server.java.core.container/com.ibm.ws.ast.st.runtime.core.runtimeTarget.v60/was.base.v6″/>
    <classpathentry kind=”con” path=”ISERIES_TOOLBOX”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”con” path=”org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/java”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/jaxrpc.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/ccf.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/jt400.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/recjava.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/iwdtrt.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/eablib.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/saaj.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.4.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/wsdl4j.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/axis.jar”/>
    <classpathentry kind=”output” path=”WebContent/WEB-INF/classes”/>
    </classpath

Thanks in advance,
    Keith

#272695 Reply

Loyal Water

The MyEclipse import functionality is used to import projects created in Eclipse / MyEclipse. You cant get the same project to work on both the IDE’s.

#272699 Reply

kmagnant

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. Rational Web Developer IS A Eclpise based IDE, 3.0.2 to be exact. The classpath file is from Rational Web Developer.

I have done the “create a new runtime” per the quick fix suggestion. MyEclipse does know about Webshpere Application Server 6.0, but this did not solve the problem.

I also tried adding a bunch of IBM provided plugins containing various flavors of Websphere Application Server 6.0, that did not help either.

I am new to playing with the plugins. After I added them to the …eclipse/plugins directory I rebooted the machine (Windows XP Prof). I understand the the plugins are bound in the registry – could be bad info. Is this the proper way to manage plugins?

#272759 Reply

Riyad Kalla

kmagnant,
    The problem is that you aren’t actually using MyEclipse, you are using WTP. The “Facets” functionality and “runtime” issues you are mentioning and working with are *all* WTP functions, not MyEclipse.

I hope that helps track down the problem.

#272788 Reply

kmagnant

Problem solved, kind of. I have been unable to get both versions of Eclipse to see the same project without breaking the project in one or the other. What I ended up doing was to check the project out of CVS into each IDE. In MyEclipse I set the Targeted Runtime to “Websphere v6.0” in the project properties menu – this breaks the project in the earlier version of eclipse as it changes the classpath file.

This work-around is not ideas, but it does allow me to debug the server-side code at runtime.

Thanks for your help.

#272845 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to OT > Soft Dev

kmagnant,
    I just want to clarify again, that you are using WTP it sounds like, not MyEclipse. But I’m glad you are getting the project working non-the-less.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Config problem sharing an iSeries project with ME

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in