facebook

[Closed] Generate DDL

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

cmikos

How do you generate DDL for more than one table at a time?

#259847 Reply

Brian Fernandes

cmikos,

I’m afraid that isn’t possible right now. I’ll file this as an enhancement request. Would you expect all the DDL generated in a single file or several files, one for each entity?

Brian.

#259850 Reply

cmikos

Hi Brian,

I had another question before you read my reply…What is the difference between “Generate DDL” and “Generate DDL(Advanced)”?

Thanks for the reply…I was afraid I was going insane trying to find the functionality, so it’s good that it isn’t possible.

Ultimately, it would be really useful to have several options…the main reason for this functionality, is that it is nice to package DDL scripts
    with an application.

It would be great to be able to generate DDL for all tables in one file with or without constraints and then have separate files for different types of objects i.e. sequences, views, procedures etc…

For a good example of a program with a myriad of useful options check out DDL Wizard:

http://www.ddlwizard.com/

This program allows you to generate DDL scripts from an Oracle export file XXX.dmp

Anyways, it would just be nice to be able to do this from MyEclipse due to the fact that I am using it for so many other things!

Cheers!

#259879 Reply

Haris Peco

cmikos,

Generate DDL (advanced) use oracle’s packages and works only for oracle >= version 9
    Generate DDL is our internal generator and works for some jdbc-compliant database.

Best
    Peco

#260429 Reply

Two feature requests for this:
    1) ability to generate ddl only for what’s new/changed (perhaps query a live DB to find out existing state)
    2) use the comments in the <meta> tags to apply comments to columns and tables.

#260431 Reply

Haris Peco

SCooper4711,

1) ability to generate ddl only for what’s new/changed (perhaps query a live DB to find out existing state)

I don’t understand what means ‘ what’s new/changed?’. We can find out existing state, but no previous state (except for some
    databases)

2) use the comments in the <meta> tags to apply comments to columns and tables.

DDL generator will generate standard sql ‘comment on …’ commands if tables/columns have comment (you can add table/column comments in table wizard or from sql editor)

Best
    Peco

#261153 Reply

thepigs

When adding the multiple table DDL feature, could I suggest you add an option to generate DDL with the CREATE TABLE statements in dependency order. ie. examine foreign key constraints and create dependent tables first.

Thanks.

#261161 Reply

Haris Peco

thepigs ,

There is simple solution for this problem in general.
    – generate CREATE TABLE with primary key first and aftre this constraints

Otherwise, it is not easy problem, because table can have FK to itself.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Generate DDL

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in