facebook

[Closed] HTML validation not stoppable

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

frantuma

Hi,

I have a problem regarding HTML classic editor: I am editing JHTML files and the editor shows a lot of validation markers for HTML syntax. I want to turn validation off, thus I went to Project properties->MyEclipse-Validation, specified to override validation preferences and unchecked all validation options.

Then I used “remove all validation markers” for the project, I did a clean and rebuild, I tried to close the project, restart with -clean option, reopen the project. I tried to suppress validation in main preferences page for the Environment.

But still my document gets validated and shows a bunch of markers which are very annoying also becouse of a constant flickering.

I have looked at other topics but haven’t found a solution for my problem

Can you please suggest some possible solution? please find below my environment properties.

Thanks

Francesco

Windows 2000 pro sp2

Eclipse 3.1.0 I20050627-1435

MyEclipse 4.0

Eclipse freshly installed

some plugins installed

java version “1.5.0_04”

#238469 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You’re probably referring to the “as you type” validation markers. These can be turned off at Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Common Editor Preferences > Analyze annotations while typing.

#238471 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Francesco,
    You did evertyhing exactly right, but what you want to turn off is the real-time analysis while you type. Go to Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > Editors > Common Editor Preferences > “Analyze annotations while typing”, go ahead and uncheck that.

Now close and reopen your file. YOu may need to rebuild first, but that should work.

#238544 Reply

frantuma

They were actually “as you type” markers, and after trying the procedure suggested they disappeared.

Thanks for the prompt response

Francesco

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] HTML validation not stoppable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in