facebook

[Closed] Install of Eclipse 3.1.1 with ME 4.0.3 GA fails

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fred Burke

Sorry if this was aleady posted/answered but I didn’t see it if it was.

I’ve installed a clean version of Eclipse 3.1.1 today and then followed that with a clean install of the 4.0.3 GA version of MyEclipse. At the beginning of the MyEclipse install it checks the version of the installed Eclipe and spits out the message:
    “Eclipse Version Error

The folder you specified as the Eclipse installation location folder contains the wrong version of Eclipse. This product only functions with Eclipse 3.1 RC3 and later releases that are the full ‘Eclipse SDK’ download. …”

This is a full 3.1.1 SDK version. According to the main page of your website MyEclipse version 4.0.1 was suppose to support Eclipse 3.1.1, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    -Fred-

#240166 Reply

Fred Burke

The solution turned out to be delete the 4.0.3 GA installer I picked up this morning and download a new one. That one came down in about 30 seconds whereas this mornings took over 7 minutes. Maybe there was a hickup in the transfer earlier, or maybe it was user error – I can’t say since I didn’t save the original I can’t compare them.

The good news is that the version I just downloaded installed fine.

Thanks again.

#240169 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Fred,
    I replied to you in email but misunderstood your question, so ignore that, I will reply here now that I better understand what you are doing (not upgrading).

What you are doing is exactly what you *should* be doing, I am downloading fresh installs of Eclipse and MyEclipse right now and will try to verify this when they are done. As a workaround to your problem we suggest using the manual install, instructions are included with it and it’s really a 2-step process: 1) Unzip, 2) add as an extension in Eclipse.

This should get you up and running while I figure out if the installer is just being dumb.

#240172 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad it’s working, I confirmed it here as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Install of Eclipse 3.1.1 with ME 4.0.3 GA fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in