facebook

[Closed] JSP Validator warning: NoClassDefFoundError

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ben Eng

The JSP Validator is producing this warning in my war project.

Run-time exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError occurred during validation. The validator being run was JSP Validator and the message thrown was .

The warning message looks truncated. It would be nice if it told me what class it’s not finding!

The JSP itself is just using the JSTL taglib, which is declared in the web.xml and the jars are located in the WEB-INF/lib of the same project. Everything otherwise builds and runs perfectly, so I don’t know what the JSP Validator is complaining about. 🙂

<%@ taglib prefix=”fmt” uri=”http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt&#8221; %>

Ben

#250024 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ben,
    I think this is an install issue or problem with the validator itself, maybe not your project.

Try restarting using the -clean command line argument and then try and Clean your project (and let it rebuild).

#250100 Reply

Ben Eng

A -clean seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

#250329 Reply

Ben Eng

Oh wait, I am still seeing one left-over warning.

Run-time exception java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError occurred during validation. The validator being run was JSP Validator and the message thrown was javax/management/DynamicMBean (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0).

This is using BEA WLS 9.1 with Sun JDK 1.5.0_04.

#250330 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Version 49 is Java 5, it looks like something is trying to run Java 5 code using a Java 1.4 or lower VM. If you go to Help > About > Configuration summary and scroll down, you should see the VM version that Eclipse is running itself with, if it is Java 1.4, then you can shut down MyEclipse and edit the eclipse.ini flie in the Eclipse dir and specify exactly the VM to use, like ths:
    -vm /usr/bin/jdk/1.5/bin/java

or something like that, you want to point at your Java 1.5 (5) “java” executable and put -vm on it’s own line at the top.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed] JSP Validator warning: NoClassDefFoundError

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in