facebook

[Closed] Package Explorer View is EMPTY

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nat101

Eclipse 3.1.2 with ME 4.11 on Linux:
    Although the Navigator View properly displays the projects/files, The Package Explorer is BLANK.

Please advise
    Thank you.
    -nat

#251495 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Look at the top of the view, see the forward and back button? Click the back button until it grays out. Also click the down arrow and make sure Show > Projects is checked, also check your Filters and make sure those look OK

#251497 Reply

nat101

1. [Forgot to mention] The forward, back, up-level, buttons are grayed out.

2. Show projects is checked. (I also tried flipping between ‘show projects’ and ‘working sets’, with no change.)

3. I tried removing all filters and no change.

-nat
    Here is a picture of the wierd view.

#251505 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hrrm… and on your navigator view, you see all your projects just fine? Did you try restarting using -clean?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-10280.html

#251507 Reply

nat101

@support-rkalla wrote:

Hrrm… and on your navigator view, you see all your projects just fine? Did you try restarting using -clean?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-10280.html

1. Yes. Navigator view is ok and being used 😀 .
    2. Yes. I tried -clean – a few times. (I tried -clean, then shutdown; remove -clean, etc.).
    3. I also tried resetting the perspective, deleting the view from the perspective (and saving), changing to other perspectives, same story.

-nat

#251511 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No exceptions in the log? Sounds like your workspace got kicked in the trash. I’d point out this isn’t a MyEclipse issue, the Package View is a Eclipse component, so before you break out the torches and stabbing aparel, can you try an export of your preferences then reimport them and your projects into a new workspace (File > Switch workspace, to create a new one).

While I”m sure there are a 100 other things we could try, and god forbid it’s something really minor and silly, this should get you up and going in about 2mins either way.

#251533 Reply

nat101

export and import as you advised, worked like a charm.
    Thanks!
    -nat

#251540 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nat thanks for doing that, I’m still stumped though.. if it happens again, we’ll dig down together and figure it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Package Explorer View is EMPTY

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in