facebook

[Closed] Problem after subscription renewal

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jsents

I have recently renewed my subscription and now I am getting the error listed below when trying to view a gif file. I realize there where changes in the licensing, but I didn’t expect to lose functionality. Could this be a problem on my install or is this because of the license I purchased (Individual Standard Edition ).

Error Message:
    Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: Invalid Subscription Level – Shutting down this MyEclipse operation.

*** System properties:
    OS=Windows2000
    OS version=5.0
    Java version=1.5.0_04

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 4.1.1 GA
    Build id: 20060309-4.1.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.1.2
    Build id: M20060118-1600

Thanks
    Josh

#258765 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Josh,

The Image Editor is actually part of the Professional subscription level. However, you mentioned opening the file for viewing, and if you just want to view you can open open the MyEclipse Image Preview view (Window > Show View > Other… > MyEclipse > Image Preview. With the preview open, any image file you select in the package explorer view will be displayed. If you don’t want to edit, this is really the functionality that it seems you’re looking for.

I realize there where changes in the licensing, but I didn’t expect to lose functionality.

There really wasn’t a change, per se. That is, we didn’t take anything that was a “standard” feature and move it to “pro”. We never do that. What we did do was run a promotion last September that anyone that purchased a “standard” subscription got the “pro” subscription for the same price. It’s likely that the promotion caused the confusion, so I’m sorry for that.

#258886 Reply

jsents

Thanks for the explanation Scott. That is a good answer. I think I will upgrade to the pro now.

Thanks Again
    Josh

#259600 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Josh,
    We appreciate the upgrade.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Problem after subscription renewal

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in