facebook

[Closed] Project Dependencies and Deployment

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

optimad
    Participant

Hi There,

I have 2 java projects. One of which has the main web application and the second has the web services functionality. Both are dependant on each other. My issue is that I want to run and debug both simultaneously but I am having to compile a jar from the web services project and include that in the web project. This is 1st of all time consuming with every change and I can not get any debugging to work from the jar I compiled for the web services project.

I have searched the forums and found correspondence such as:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-477.html

But I can not find anything more recent and from the options in MyEclipse it looks as though this should be supported. For instance, under my project properties in MyEclipse -> Web -> Deployment[tab]… I have tried selecting the option to “Use Smart deployment for dependent Java projects” but this seems to have no impact on the deployment of either project.

If I am missing something, if there is another forum I could look at, if there is a great tutorial on this please let me know. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks for your help

Daniel (Optimad)

Configuration:
    (Tomcat 5, Java 5, MyEclipse 5.1.0 GA, xfire 1.2.4)

#266050 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Daniel,

What you might be missing is that dependent projects can only be Java projects, not other Web projects, because of the issues around duplicate deployment descriptors and overriding rules. Since your web services project must be deployed as part of your Web project, is it possible to recreate it as just a plain Java project instead of a Web project? If so, the dependency deployment mechanism will then pick it up and deploy it as described in the Advanced section of the Working with web projects document.

#266051 Reply

optimad
    Participant

Hi Scott,

That would explain it 🙂

Thank you for your response and the pointer to the document. This has given me a few options to try.

Thanks again

Daniel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Project Dependencies and Deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in