facebook

[Closed] Validation for xhtml files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Marty Hall

Whenever I create a MyEclise Web Project and put a normal xhtml file (blah.html) in it, MyEclipse flags all of the xhtml tags as unknown. For example:

I have all validation settings turned on, as shown:

I am using MyEclipse 5.1.1 GA built on top of the latest (5/2007) Eclipse version.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

– Marty

#270361 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Marty,
    We didn’t add XHTML support until the 5.5 release we just made yesterday.

Try and install a brand new version of MyEclipse 5.5 using the All in One installer. Be sure to install to a brand new directory, and after it’s installed, fire it up and open your existing workspace and see if the file editing behaves a bit better.

#270369 Reply

Marty Hall

Will all my customizations (preference settings) live on when I upgrade to 5.5?

Is there an easy way to migrate the plugins I added? (I added in Matisse, Mylar, and especially SVN support). However, I don’t use Matisse, and the only reason I added SVN support is so that the .svn folder is excluded when I deploy apps and when I make archive files. If there is an easy way to set this exclusion without loading Mylar and the SVN plugin, that would make it easier to upgrade whenever a new version of MyEclipse comes out.

#270374 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Will all my customizations (preference settings) live on when I upgrade to 5.5?

Yes, all those are stored in your workspace.

Is there an easy way to migrate the plugins I added? (I added in Matisse, Mylar, and especially SVN support).

Matisse4MyEclipse is much easier to add in 5.5, and you will get the updated version. Mylar and SVN haven’t been added to our partner site yet, so you will need to re-add those manually, but soon you will be able to add them to clean installs as easily as Matisse4MyEclipse (you’ll see on first startup, the Quikc Installer pops up, asking you to add ‘new features’).

#270377 Reply

Marty Hall

Thanks very much for the helpful reply. I will upgrade sometime next week, if I get the time.

Rather than installing Mylar and the SVN plugin, is there a way to just designate that the .svn directory is excluded from all deploys and all archive files? I manage SVN outside of Eclipse anyhow, so the only thing the SVN plugin is giving me is excluding those folders.

#270384 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rather than installing Mylar and the SVN plugin, is there a way to just designate that the .svn directory is excluded from all deploys and all archive files?

Not at the moment. We didn’t get a chance to get fill deployment filtering in the 5.5 release but are hoping for the 6.0 release.

#270403 Reply

Marty Hall

OK. Thanks!

– Marty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Validation for xhtml files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in