facebook

Code completion, navigation in EL and configuration files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web 2.0 / AJAX
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dxxvi

I’m considering switching from Idea to MyEclipse but I’m still not sure about some MyEclipse’s features. So, I’d like to ask some questions:

1) Does MyEclipse support code completion/suggestion in EL? For example, I have a JSF-managed bean named `bean’; is there a code completion when I type `<h:outputText value=”#{bean.’ in a xhtml file?

2) If code completion is supported in EL, does MyEclipse supports code completion for variables defined with <c:set>? For example with the JSF-managed bean above, if I write `<c:set var=”x” value=”#{bean}”/>’, is there code completion when I type `<h:outputText value=”#{x.’?

3) Does MyEclipse support refactoring in EL? For example, I have a JSF-managed bean named `bean’ which has a member variable named `prop1′ and getter and setter methods (getProp1 and setProp1); in the xhtml file, I have `<h:outputText value=”#{bean.prop1}”/>’; if I change `prop1′ to `property1′, will the setter and getter method names change too? and will the `prop1′ in EL change to `property1′?

4) If I ctrl+click on a bean name in EL, will I be taken to the bean definition in the faces-config.xml file? And in the faces-config.xml file, if I ctrl+click on the class name, will I be taken to the Java source file?

Thanks.

#293730 Reply

Loyal Water

1. Yes. It has been pointed out in this tutorial:-
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/jsf_overview/

2. This is not supported.

3. This is not supported.

If I ctrl+click on a bean name in EL, will I be taken to the bean definition in the faces-config.xml file?

It will take you to the Java source file directly.

And in the faces-config.xml file, if I ctrl+click on the class name, will I be taken to the Java source file?

This is not supported.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Code completion, navigation in EL and configuration files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in