facebook

Code Mix Engine 3.0 crashes unexpectedly

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

GIOVANNI
    Participant

Hello
    I’ve recently upgrade to CodeMix 3.0 from Webclipse, but I’m experiencing an important problem: after some time working (a couple of hours on an Angular 5 project) it starts consuming a lot of CPU, even if I stop doing something on the IDE. The processes called Code Mix Engine suddenly start to work hard but don’t know what they are doing. The result is the code assistant stop working, the IDE is almost stuck, NodeJs server is shut down and can’t restart anymore.
    I have to close and reopen Eclipse to fix it, but it happened 3 times yesterday and even today.
    The only error I see in workspace is the following:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor (occurred in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.ExecutableExtensionFactory)

Same workspace never had this issue before migrating to CodeMix.

Please help, I had been working with WebClipse for a couple of years and it was good, now I’m struggling.
    Thanks
    Regards

#617240 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear you’re running into this – certainly should not be happening. We’ve noticed that in some cases, some of the Code Mining support may be causing performance issues. This is why it’s typically off by default, but it may be on in your case.

1) Turn off Code Mining from Preferences > Editors > Code Mining – ensure all the checkboxes are unchecked.
    2) Restart Eclipse.
    3) If you still run into the issue, or Code Mining was already off, please reach out to us via Live Chat (Help > CodeMix > Live Chat) where we can debug this live with some diagnostic tools.

Thanks, and apologies again for the disruptions – hopefully we’ll be able to knock this out in short order.

#617292 Reply

GIOVANNI
    Participant

Hello Brian
    I’ve just verified and they are all unchecked, today I’ve worked on Java code mainly (server side of our application) and IDE has been working fine so far. I suppose it is the Angular part that is causing the problem. Thanks for your support, when it will happens next time I’ll contact you on chat.

Regards

#617330 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Giovanni,

Thank you for the update. Would be good to know what editors you’re using when you run into the problem – I guess it will be both the TypeScript editor and the HTML editor for Angular templates?

#617331 Reply

GIOVANNI
    Participant

Hello
    It happened this morning again and I’m quite sure it is the TypeScript editor. I had to restart Eclipse as I needed to finish that piece of code, now I’m going to work on it. I will open chat as soon as CPU reaches high values.
    Thanks

#617418 Reply

glen_jai
    Participant

Hi,
    I am experiencing the same issue as well.
    The CodeMix engine disconnects and I can’t even save the changes I’ve made in the Typescript files afterwards.
    The only thing I can do is restart Eclipse.
    This has happened at least 3 times today for me.

Versions info:
    – Codemix 3 Release CI 2019.6.19 (Commercial Licence)
    – Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers – Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0), Build id: 20190314-1200

I would be grateful for any advice as this is really hindering my productivity.

Many thanks

#617419 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glen,

Sorry to hear you’re running into this. This is an extremely high priority issue but we’ve been unable to reproduce it internally so far. I’m assuming you’ve already checked the Code Mining settings I mentioned above?

If you could come in to a Live Chat session when you experience the issue, we’d greatly appreciate it as that would help us diagnose it and get a fix in ASAP.

#617621 Reply

glen_jai
    Participant

This has just happened.
    As suggested by your support last time I was on Live Chat, here is are relevant parts of my Eclipse .log file just after it happened.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 1 0 2019-07-10 17:17:47.594
    !MESSAGE Detected orphaned CodeMix engine processes; cleaning up.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2019-07-10 17:17:53.466
    !MESSAGE Succeed to restart CodeMix Engine after 1 attempt(s).

I should mention that it may have been caused by an earlier problem, whereby the Angular Dev Server threw an error due compilation problem. Afterwards it just hung, and I wasn’t able to stop it in the terminal. So I ended up closing the terminal and opening a new one to start another Dev server instance.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by glen_jai.
    #619296 Reply

glen_jai
    Participant

Not sure if this issue was meant to be fixed, but the CodeMix engine just restarted again on my Eclipse.
    As before it has hung the Eclipse terminals so needed a restart.

Relevant parts of my Eclipse .log file just after it happened.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 1 0 2019-08-01 18:11:07.750

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2019-08-01 18:11:13.399

I am running CodeMix Release CI 2019.7.15
    Eclipse version: 2019-03 (4.11.0) Build id: 20190314-1200

#619321 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glen,

We did put out one important performance fix in the release that you area already on, that would most likely hit users as they edit source. This appears to have fixed that issue, as we have see no reports of the problem since the release went out (from 2-4 reports a week prior to that). The issue you are running into appears to be different.

CodeMix restarting the engine is normal/good as it allows you to continue working without having to kill or restart Eclipse. Of course, it should not have hung in the first place …

a) Is there anything you can share to help us reproduce the issue? Does it always happen when serving an Angular project, perhaps only if the project has an error? Have you seen it happen in any other circumstances?
    b) I’m assuming the rest of Eclipse remains responsive, and you’re even able to start new terminals?
    c) Can you please share with us the full log file so we can check for other diagnostic information?

Thanks!

#619525 Reply

glen_jai
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your response.
    When the CodeMix engine restarts, I don’t seem to be able to save the files that are currently open.
    I am not able to launch a new terminal.

I think it does only happen when an angular dev server is running.
    Would rather not paste my log file on the forum, but happy to send to you via live chat or something.

Kind regards,
    Glen

#619584 Reply

glen_jai
    Participant

Hi Brian,

This has happened again today. I have attached a screenshot of the error message displayed in Eclipse.
    Again, I am unable to start a new terminal or save changes on open files.

Tail end of Eclipse log as follows (error occured at 18:19 as per last logged message):

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 1 0 2019-08-06 11:56:54.523
    !MESSAGE CodeMix Engine engine has been started

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 1002 2019-08-06 17:32:15.010
    !MESSAGE Unable to read repository at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/marketplace-client-intro?mpc_install=4663327.
    !STACK 0
    java.io.IOException: http://marketplace.eclipse.org/marketplace-client-intro?mpc_install=4663327 is not a valid repository location.
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.SimpleMetadataRepositoryFactory.load(SimpleMetadataRepositoryFactory.java:103)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.factoryLoad(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:63)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:770)
    	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor60.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at org.eclipse.oomph.util.ReflectUtil.invokeMethod(ReflectUtil.java:117)
    	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:409)
    	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:201)
    	at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager$Metadata.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:476)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:110)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:105)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker.getAvailableRepositories(UpdateChecker.java:152)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker.checkForUpdates(UpdateChecker.java:130)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker$UpdateCheckThread.run(UpdateChecker.java:78)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.debug 2 0 2019-08-06 17:45:55.736
    !MESSAGE Unable to find location of java.lang.Thread.setName() in debuggee JVM, for type java.lang.Thread

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2019-08-06 18:08:52.322
    !MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2019-08-06 18:08:52.322
    !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+BS:
    Binding(CTRL+BS,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.deletePreviousWord,Delete Previous Word,
    		Delete the previous word,
    		Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.textEditor,Text Editing,Text Editing Commands,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@2089c2e0,
    		,,true),null),
    	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
    	org.eclipse.ui.textEditorScope,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+BS,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.genuitec.eclipse.inlinesearch.delete.previous,Delete Previous Word,
    		Category(com.genuitec.eclipse.inlinesearch.commands.category,Inline Search,null,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@4d01e7dd,
    		,,true),null),
    	com.genuitec.eclipse.inlinesearch.context,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+BS,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(codemix.editor.action.deletePreviousWord,Delete Previous Word,
    		Category(com.genuitec.eclipse.code.codeMix,CodeMix,null,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@4d7ae986,
    		,,true),null),
    	com.genuitec.eclipse.code.codeMixEditorScope,,,system)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2019-08-06 18:08:52.322
    !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+DEL:
    Binding(CTRL+DEL,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.removeInstance,Remove Result,
    		Category(org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.category,SQL Results View,null,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@3d169494,
    		,,true),null),
    	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+DEL,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.deleteNextWord,Delete Next Word,
    		Delete the next word,
    		Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.textEditor,Text Editing,Text Editing Commands,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@53e6cf14,
    		,,true),null),
    	org.eclipse.ui.textEditorScope,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+DEL,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.genuitec.eclipse.inlinesearch.delete.next,Delete Next Word,
    		Category(com.genuitec.eclipse.inlinesearch.commands.category,Inline Search,null,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@119bf5ba,
    		,,true),null),
    	com.genuitec.eclipse.inlinesearch.context,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+DEL,
    	ParameterizedCommand(Command(codemix.editor.action.deleteNextWord,Delete Next Word,
    		Category(com.genuitec.eclipse.code.codeMix,CodeMix,null,true),
    		org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@bb718d6,
    		,,true),null),
    	com.genuitec.eclipse.code.codeMixEditorScope,,,system)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 1 0 2019-08-06 18:19:47.604

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2019-08-06 18:19:53.542

Cheers,
    Glen

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by glen_jai.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #619588 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glen,

Thank you for sending in the detail – unfortunately with the unique nature of this problem, we can’t tell anything from these logs, but obviously you are being affected by something serious.

Can you simply join a Live Chat the next time it happens (Help > CodeMix > Live Chat)? We can run some engine diagnostics when you are experiencing the problem and hopefully figure it out on the spot. We’re planning another release soon, so it would be great if we could get this fix in.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Code Mix Engine 3.0 crashes unexpectedly

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in