facebook

CodeLive does not show

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lei
    Participant

Hi,

I have an Angular 4 web application served from Tomcat 8. I turned on CodeLive option from the server view. But when I load the application in any browser. I don’t see any CodeLive panel. I can’t find any traces of CodeLive on the DOM either.

I use Eclipse Oxygen with licensed Webclipse on Windows 7. I use ng build –watch to build the web pieces. The index.html is actually a JSP file although it’s named .html. Application works fine. Just don’t see CodeLive.

With the sample SBAdmin application served by Angular CLI, I do see CodeLive.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Lei

#536792 Reply

support-swapna

Lei,

I am afraid we do not support CodeLive with ng build. CodeLive will only work if you start application using our Servers view.

Please refer to this tutorial for more information about CodeLive in Angular projects : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/web-apps/modern-web/using-codelive-for-angular/

CodeLive for Angular allows you to hover over components in your browser and easily navigate to that source of that component (the TS file, template file or style file) within the IDE.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#536800 Reply

Lei
    Participant

Hi, Swapna

Is the problem ‘ng build’ or Tomcat? I saw it somewhere on Genuitec web site that says CodeLive works with Tomcat/JEE web appilcation so I thought Tomcat is not the problem. If Tomcat is not the problem, can you provide an alternative to ‘ng build’ so that CodeLive would work? When you say ‘using our Servers view’, do you mean the application has to be served from the Angular CLI server?

Lei

#536862 Reply

support-swapna

Lei,

CodeLive works for Tomcat for Java EE applications. CodeLive for Java EE is different from CodeLive for Angular.

The application has to be served from the Angular CLI server for the CodeLive to work for angular projects. In the Servers view, expand Angular CLI, right click on the project and select ‘Start Server’.

Also the CodeLive for Angular does not include the LivePreview functionality, i.e. changes that you make in your editor will *not* appear in the browser, until you save the file and refresh the browser. The LivePreview is only available for Java EE applications.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: CodeLive does not show

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in