facebook

Compass Navigation Example

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Compass Navigation Example

Attached is a simple project for an application that renders the current compass heading (degress) returned by the Cordova/PhoneGap navigator.compass.watchHeading() function. The compass graphic is implemented using an html widget with an embedded canvas. See the line chart tutorial for more details on how to integrate custom UI components and code into your mobione app. The watchHeading function calls back the UI updating logic on each compass heading change with a new heading value.

The project has been tested on the MobiOne 2.5 milestone-1 Simulator (it will not run in the Test Center), iphone5/ios6 and Nexus S/Android 4.0.3.

Screencast Introduction
    http://screencast.com/t/e4TnJ1lFMrZ

See attachment ui.png See attachment mobione-compass-demo.zip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #341728 Reply

SKnoxmn

Thank you,

I have been wondering if this would work or not. Looks like a few other people were wondering as well, based on the number of downloads.

I think having some working examples for those of us just getting started helps us to better understand how all the pieces fit together.

Meanwhile, I am not able to get the images to load or the headingTxt to display on my iPhone4 maybe I’m missing something simple like enabling something on the phone itself perhaps?

Again, Thank you for this.
    SKnox

#342070 Reply

Wayne,

first of all this is an incretible app and very useful!

I would like to ask if you can reverse the degrees. For examble East 180 to West 270.

And, if it is possible, when the compass shaws specific degrees a text can appear.. How can i do this?

Thank you for your help.

Waiting for an answer

Takis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Compass Navigation Example

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in