facebook

Complaints deleted

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I see my complaint has been deleted.
    I guess that means that you don’t like them.

#199128 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

On the contrary, I moved your posting because they are a snapshot of issues that we are overcoming very quickly and while they seemed like show-stoppers to you most other developers would see them as nice-to-haves; especially when you factor in $30 price for a supported product. Some of your issues would be hard to be met by high-end tools. For example we reviewed the IntelliJ and WSAD feature sets and I believe you would have similiar complaints regarding their features.

Had your complaints provided more perspective it would still be posted here. MyEclipse is filling a long needed gap in the low-end J2EE tools market. It’s young (3 month since GA) and we are working our tails off to improve it quickly. MyEclipse is a huge improvement over what many of our user’s have had prior to its release; not everybody has $500+ to shell out on marginally better tools that are being commoditized at a fast clip these days. For example I struggled for several years with JBuilder imposed on me (if you want to hear complaints go there).

So the real story is my boss printed the list off and posted on our development whiteboard for the team to see some really good ideas for us to shot for. He then instructed me to move your post to private developer forum for further discussion. I have to agree I like most of the ideas and believe you will see them systematically released over the next few months.

So hopeful there are no hard feelings. We would love to have you as a tester as long as you don’t talk directly to our grumpy development staff 🙂

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Complaints deleted

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in