facebook

Computing outline for javascript freeze MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Stanleek
    Participant

Cumputing outline for any javascipt tooks too many time. During this operation whole MyEclipse freeze and in window title I see ‘Not responding’. I have to wait, and after 1 minuetes it get back and is accessible. But after CTRL+O I do not see methods insede javascript file.

It is happening when I open any javascrit file (or switch the tab to any opened js file) or I press CTRL+O over javascript file.

It is happening not only to me, but also to my colleges in work. This problem came with upgrade to 2017. On 2016 we have not noticed described problem.

Our version of MyEclipse:
    Version: 2017 CI 6
    Build id: 15.0.1-20170605

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #526873 Reply

support-swapna

Stanleek,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
    Can you please send us the 3-4 thread dumps when the MyEclipse freezes to help us investigate further?
    Also send us the workspace log located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.

Here is Eclipse page on how to get thread dump: https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock . Preferably use jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt. Please let me know if you have trouble getting the thread dump.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#526879 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

I am attachnig .log

Attachments:
    #526882 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

When I put -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote to myeclipse.ini, javascript files are opened faster… and CTRL-O resolves method in 5 seconds

#526896 Reply

support-swapna

Stanleek,

Thank you for the log file. The log has several connection timeout errors. I am not sure how the js performance improved after adding the -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote flag to the myeclipse.ini.

Please send us the thread dumps when MyEclipse freezes to help us track the exact problem.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#529019 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

Hello.
    I noticed when it is going to freeze. When I unchecked in configuration Disable asynchronous request to Tern Server that freezing problen not occurs.

Besides of this I am attaching thread dumbs.

td1.txt – MyEclipse was not RESPONGING
    td2.txt – MyEclipse was probbably not RESPONDING, it was on edge
    td3.txt – MyEclipse was recovered after NOT responding, it was already working properly

Attachments:
    #529027 Reply

support-swapna

Stanleek,

Thank you for the thread dumps. I have filed a bug for the dev team to investigate further.
    We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#529029 Reply

Stanleek
    Participant

Hello. I already push CTRL+O over js file, and MyEclipse during populating outline methods is running too long. MyEclips did not frozen, bet outline was not resolved. In progress bar I see Calculating element occurences...

I am attaching dumps.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Computing outline for javascript freeze MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in