facebook

configuration file editors

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Blue Feature Requests
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

In RAD there are nifty editors that make it relatively easy to edit files like application.xml, web.xml, webservices.xml, and manifest.mf (to name a few) without hosing your application. In MyEclipse Blue 7.5, you have to edit these files with a basic text or xml editor, which is much more error-prone. (web.xml appears to have a marginally better interface, but it’s still less helpful than the one in RAD)

Are there plans to add this capability to MyEclipse Blue in an upcoming release? If not, can this be added to the list? It would make life much easier for many in my organization. Thanks!

-Aaron

#300521 Reply

support-joy

Aaron,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on making the editors in ME Blue more programmer friendly. I have forwarded your request to management and added this to our features tracker list.

Best.

#300857 Reply

rmcvay

Maybe your ME is not quite set up right. A number of the more common XML configuration files like web.xml do have associated structured editors.

#302262 Reply

Yes, web.xml does have a structured editor. It’s useful, but not as slick as the one in RAD. application.xml and manifest editors do not appear to exist at all — those particular ones would be nicer and (from my perspective) more critical. Are there editors for those files that I just haven’t discovered?

#302263 Reply

Also, Joy, do you have any information on improved configuration editors being planned for any specific upcoming release?

#302300 Reply

Loyal Water

Also, Joy, do you have any information on improved configuration editors being planned for any specific upcoming release?

I’m afraid we don’t have an ETA for such editors as this point in time. We will keep you posted via this thread.

#306265 Reply

David Fahey

Coming from WSAD, this would be a big help for me, too. Why isn’t this one in the vote list?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: configuration file editors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in