facebook

Configuration Problem with Myeclipse 3.61 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mbetala

Hi,

I have downloaded MyEclipse enterprise workBench GA version 3.61.
    I have installed it on Windows NT 4.0.
    Eclipse Platform Version 3.00 and Build ID 200307181617.
    jdk version j2sdk1.4.0_02

I wrote a simple helloworld program to check the configuration. the program compiles but while running it gives following error :

Unable to use launch shortcut
    Reason:
    Plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui was unable to load class
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncherShortcut.

also I see that eclipse plugins directory does not contain or.eclipse.pde.* directories.

regards,
    Mayank.

#198353 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Mayank,

First, thank you very much for following our posting guidelines and providing so much information in your post. By doing that, you’ve enabled me to answer your question on the first try.

You’re experiencing problems because you don’t have a full version of Eclipse installed. You’ve most likely got just a platform build, which lacks the development tooling, or a JDT build that lacks the PDE tooling. In any case, you’ll need to uninstall MyEclipse and Eclipse and then download and install the complete Eclipse M2 Eclipse distribution. Version 3.6.1 will on M2, but the upcoming service release 3.6.2 will soon be available for M3. For all production work, we still recommend the use of Eclipse 2.1.1 due to its proven stability.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198399 Reply

mbetala

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the help. I had installed the MyEclipse runtime binary instead of the MyEclipse sdk. its running fine.

regards,
    Mayank.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Configuration Problem with Myeclipse 3.61 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in