facebook

Configuring MyEclipse Blue 8.5 with Websphere 7.0 server

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

support-tony
    Keymaster

Nagendra,

It is successfully re-deployed, BUT the modified .jsp is showing in the browser.

If the modified .jsp file is showing in the browser (after you refresh the browser page) then that is what you want, isn’t it? However, you should not need to redeploy, just make the change, save the change, wait a couple of seconds then refresh the browser and the changed page will be shown in the browser. Note that this only works if the server is started in debug mode.

If this all works for the simple project, then see if you can follow the same steps for your existing project. Ensure it is completely undeployed first (you might need to do this from the admin console if the MyEclipse remove deployment function doesn’t complete successfully. Or you can just delete it from the deployment directory after shutting down the server.

Another thing you could try is to create a new workspace and import your projects from the old workspace. You may have to set up your server connector again but this should get rid of any saved settings that might be causing problems. Then you can deploy your project in the same way as you deployed the simple web project.

Yes, the help page is an old tutorial but is more recent that the one you linked to in your first post and should be generally correct except that the server connector configuration pages screenshots are a bit different. If you still have problems, it might be worth trying to go through that tutorial, adjusting for the different server connector pages.

You might also consider installing MyEclipse Blue 10 and seeing how you get on with that.

#322908 Reply

Nagendra

@support-tony wrote:

Nagendra,

It is successfully re-deployed, BUT the modified .jsp is showing in the browser./quote]

If the modified .jsp file is showing in the browser (after you refresh the browser page) then that is what you want, isn’t it? However, you should not need to redeploy, just make the change, save the change, wait a couple of seconds then refresh the browser and the changed page will be shown in the browser. Note that this only works if the server is started in debug mode.

If this all works for the simple project, then see if you can follow the same steps for your existing project. Ensure it is completely undeployed first (you might need to do this from the admin console if the MyEclipse remove deployment function doesn’t complete successfully. Or you can just delete it from the deployment directory after shutting down the server.

Another thing you could try is to create a new workspace and import your projects from the old workspace. You may have to set up your server connector again but this should get rid of any saved settings that might be causing problems. Then you can deploy your project in the same way as you deployed the simple web project.

Yes, the help page is an old tutorial but is more recent that the one you linked to in your first post and should be generally correct except that the server connector configuration pages screenshots are a bit different. If you still have problems, it might be worth trying to go through that tutorial, adjusting for the different server connector pages.

You might also consider installing MyEclipse Blue 10 and seeing how you get on with that.

Tony,

I am NOT able to see the jsp changes in the sample web application. Actually yesterday also i was trying to explain the same.

So please let me know what steps i have missed to get auto deployment.

Thanks,
    Nagendra

#322910 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Nagendra,

I’m afraid I can’t replicate your problem and I see changes to the jsp and to a java class, when I refresh the browser page.

Did you follow the later tutorial that I pointed to (though some of the screenshots are for an earlier release of MyEclipse, but it should be clear where the differences are)?

As a test, to see if it is a problem with WebSphere, deploy the application from MyEclipse and check that the deployment directory (this will likely be the InstalledApps directory of the WebSphere profile directory) is as expected. Bring up the web page for the application. Now change the JSP, in the deployed location, using a system editor and save the changes. Now refresh the browser page. If the updated jsp isn’t shown, then there is a problem with WebSphere. If the change is shown, then try making and saving a change from MyEclipse, then check the change made it to the deployed location (you should not see any activity in MyEclipse for this hot deployment). If it is then the change should be visible, if it was when making a change outside of MyEclipse.

If changes inside and outside MyEclipse are not visible, then there might be a non-default delay set in WebSphere. Log into to the admin console, click on Applications/WebShpere Enterprise Applications and then click on your application. There are two links there that define the delay in detecting/loading updates, “Class loading and update detection” and “JSP and JSF options”. Make sure that both delays are set to 1 second. I’m not sure if there is a way to specify these delays globally, but it’s worth checking as that is the only way I can partially replicate your problem (by setting the delay to a large number of seconds).

Please let us know if any of this helps. If not, it might help to know exactly what you’ve tried and to step through exactly how you are deploying and updating projects. The more information we have, the more likely we are to find a solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Configuring MyEclipse Blue 8.5 with Websphere 7.0 server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in