facebook

Configuring Properties for New JSF Projects

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Marty Hall

I create a new MyEclipse Web project. I right-click on it and do MyEclise –> Add JSF capabilities. I choose MyFaces. Now, I want to configure what happens at this point, because I am using a more recent MyFaces version than comes bundled with MyEclipse.

I found out how to change the JAR files that are inserted, and changed them to refer to the new MyFaces JARs. But I can’t figure out how to configure the web.xml file that gets automatically created, and the one that gets created automatically is (now) incorrect since it refers to some MyFaces settings that have changed.

How/where do I configure the web.xml settings that get inserted when I add JSF capabilities? RIght now I manually paste in a correct web.xml file (matching the MyFaces JAR files) each time, but it would be nice to do this automatically.

Thanks!

– Marty

#270362 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Marty,
    Manually editing the file the easiest way to fix the error. I don’t have a template file for you to edit to fix this at this time, sorry.

#270370 Reply

Marty Hall

I am not quite sure I follow that answer. Presumably the web.xml file that gets built for JSF apps is lying around *somewhere*. If I can find it, I can edit it to match the version of MyFaces I am using.

#270375 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Martyhall,
    I don’t know off the top of my head which template file is being used to inject the MyFaces changes or if it’s done in-code. That’s the long way of me saying “I have no idea which file you can edit to temporarily fix this, so editing this by hand is the best way right now”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Configuring Properties for New JSF Projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in