facebook

Configuring Tomcat server in MyEclipseIDE [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Checkmate

Hi there

I am new to both java and MyEclipseIDE so please help 🙂

I am trying to configure a Tomcat server so I can deploy my applications a litle easier – but is those not work 🙁

Currently I have the following parameters in my system:

Tomcat – install and working at:
    D:\Tomcat5.0\webapps

In MyEclipseIDE I have tryed with the following:
    Tomcat Home Directory: d:\tomcat5.0
    Tomcat Base directory: d:\Tomcat5.0
    Tomcat Temp Directory: d:\Tomcat5.0/temp

I have but anything in the last line: “Optional Program Arguments”.

When I try to deployt I get the following message:
    “The selected server is enabled, but is not configured properly. Deployment to it will not be permitted until problem is corrected. Please navigate to the server prefenence pages and verify the field with the prompt: Tomcat JDK name”

When I try to start the server from within MyEclipseIDE I get the following message:
    “A configuration error occurred during startup. Please verify the perference filed with the prompt: Tomcat JDK name”

If I start the Tomcat-server from the admin-modul or from windows service’s list there is no problem. I can also export a single JSP to the server and run this without any problems.

I have used the excampel found at:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/webprojectdemo.htm

and my files are located under thise folders:
    Project: Helloworld

Package: Java Source -> myWeb
    Class-file: Java Source -> myWeb -> HelloWorld.java

Package: WebRoot
    JSP-file: WebRoot -> helloworld.jsp

Please advise on how to get this to work.

Reagards
    Checkmate

P.s. How do I export a class-file from MyEclipseIDE if I am only imterested in this?

#219061 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Checkmate, the error that popped up twice should be ignored… you litterally NEED to navigate to your Window > Preferences > MyEclispe > Application Servers > Tomcat 5 > JDK page and setup a JDK (not a JRE) to run Tomcat with.

This is covered in depth in our new documentation here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-67.html, I highly suggest taking a look at atleast a few of those to get farmiliar with how things work.

P.s. How do I export a class-file from MyEclipseIDE if I am only imterested in this?

You can’t, but if you use an exploded deployment, MyEclispe will automagically deploy changed files real-time for you to your application server. So if you change a file’s method or something, it will automatically be deployed and Tomcat should reload it (depending on your settings).

#219066 Reply

Checkmate

Hi Riyad

Thanks for your quick response. I did not see the section you pointed out to me when i was searching the site for a answer.

Another question – now that it works 🙂

When I look at the demo it illustrates how MyEclipseIDE’s auto-addition insert the <%@ page import …. when I use auto-completion. But that do not happen on my version? I have searched the site and I can not find anything about how to configure MyEclipseIDe to do that.

Can you help on this one two ??

#219069 Reply

Riyad Kalla

When I look at the demo it illustrates how MyEclipseIDE’s auto-addition insert the <%@ page import ….

This was removed temporarily while we completely replaced our Editor infrastructure with new/more powerful ones. This feature will be back in 3.8.3 (December release). Sorry for the inconvenience.

#219072 Reply

Checkmate

Hi Riyad

No problem – I was just curious if I was missing somethinh nice 🙂

Thanks again for you quick response and pationed help with my stupid questions(because I did not read the documentation well before asking).

I will look forward for new updates cause MyEclipseIDE is a very nice invention for java-programmers.

Regards
    Checkmate

#248160 Reply

a_321
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Configuring Tomcat server in MyEclipseIDE [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in