facebook

Configuring Websphere 6.1 which is installed as an service

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mitab

Hi

Is it possible to configure and use a Websphere 6.1 installation which has been configured as a NT service. When I tried to confugure following the instructions – a Websphere server gets added to the server view – but when I click run server – it stops.

Can we use this through MyEclipse Blue ?

Thanks

#284956 Reply

Loyal Water

What message do yuou get in the console? Is the server already running as a service outside MyEclipse as a service?

#284960 Reply

mitab

Hi

Yes it is already running as a service. I donot get any error message but after a couple of seconds the status changes to stopped.

Thanks

#284961 Reply

Loyal Water

If you stop the service and then try running it from within MyEclipse does it start ?

#285000 Reply

Greg

Nipun is correct, MyEclipse Blue does not yet have the ability to hook up to a running process (if started with a server). But you should be able to stop the server from the service and then start the server from with MyEclipse Blue.

#285059 Reply

mitab

Hi

I stopped Websphere running as a service and tried to start up Websphere from within my eclipse blue. But it failed – the status in the server console shows running and then changes to stopped.

I checked in the Windows services window and the service status does not show as started , I also changed start up type to manual but that did not make a difference.

Thanks

#285070 Reply

Greg

Can you post the output of what is shown in the console when you try to start the server?

Can you post any details about your websphere installation? What is the location of the websphere 61 installation?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Configuring Websphere 6.1 which is installed as an service

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in