facebook

Configuring which jars get deployed

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jayperkins

This message has not been recovered.

#305103 Reply

jayperkins

#305131 Reply

Brian Fernandes

#306578 Reply

Frank Lawlor
    Participant

I agree that this is a very useful and necessary feature.
    I have a couple of projects which need app server jars to compile some classes during development, but which cannot be packaged and deployed with the war.

My workaround for now is to create another project holding just these jars and mark them as exported to dependent projects.
    In my main project I make this “jar project” a dependent project.
    This works, but is rather unmanageable and confusing to maintain.

— Frank

#306600 Reply

support-joy

Frank,

Thank you for sharing your findings with us.

Best.

#306909 Reply

boima1

I try to share a library between WEB module and EJB module in the EAR/lib directory.

I use deployment feature in MyEclipse and the library is in 2 classloaders and we get a ClassCastException. Ww wan’t use the deployment feature with MyEclipse but without solution, we will move the another one.

#306921 Reply

support-joy

boima1,

I am not sure what is the issue you are facing. If you want to share a lib between web and ejb module, create a user library and add this library. Next add the user library to both web and ejb module. I don’t have visibility of your system. Can you answer few queries?
    1. Copy and paste your installation details here. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. Open .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log. Next clear the log file. Press [Ctrl+A] and [Delete] and save the file. Next reproduce the error. Copy and paste the contents of log file here
    3. Can you attach screenshot of the issue you are facing? This will help me get a visual

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Configuring which jars get deployed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in