facebook

conflict between hypermodel and myeclipse 7 on ganymede 3.4.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

b3rntsen

I cannot install hypermodel and myeclipse 7 on ganymede 3.4.1, see my endeavours on

http://blog.efef.dk/?p=101

The error I get is:

Cannot complete the request. See the details.
    Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements Match[requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.emf.transaction/[1.2.1.v200807161719,1.2.1.v200807161719]]. 

For now (also see the blog), I have decided to manually install the plugins I need with a clean ganymede release, leaving out myeclipse. You probably don’t want me to get used to that.

Btw. My login is related to an old license, I have since gotten a seat on a multiuser license with my company, but I cannot get my profile to reflect that. I don’t want to change my userid to something related to the company multi-user license if that can be avoided.

#294692 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

b3rnsten,

I read your blog and see what’s going on. The incompatibility is caused by some version restrictions in our UML2 (early access) tools. From the description you gave I would imagine that you selected these tools from the update site. The only real way to address the issue is uninstalling our UML2 tools, which native Eclipse doesn’t provide good support for.

Seeing the complex stack you’re setting up though, rather than doing everything manually, can I suggest you try using our new Pulse 2.4 release? It’s completely free of charge and will allow you to very easily set up the stack you’re trying to build. There’s a blog on what Pulse 2.4 provides and I think you’ll see it’s just what you need to help with complex configurations like yours. It allows you to configure multiple stacks and reconfigure them any way you’d like at any time, from either the Pulse Explorer or from within the running Eclipse profile. Of course, since Pulse is a free stack management service I’d recommend you don’t add Tikal to your configuration as it’s no longer needed.

Please let us know what you think.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#294729 Reply

b3rntsen

Dear Scott,

Thanks for the precise reply. I will try to install myeclipse over my current working solution and make sure I don’t select UML2.

I had a look at pulse 2.4. I had tried it earlier on and there were no intersting plugins at that time, now there is some more meat to it as seen from the http://www.poweredbypulse.com/category_browse.php?realm=3&realm_name=Eclipse+3.4+-+Ganymede+-+compatible+Software+Catalog.

I did not find teneo, which I really recommend you have a look at, automatic persistance of EMF models to a database through hibernate or jpa.

Since tikal is chatting a lot of 404s in in my error log I will consider trying pulse again (but not before rising the 404 issue with the tikal team).

I think the pulse team feature sounds interesting for large teams, but I am not in that ball game currently.

Cheers,
    /\/ikolaj

#294743 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

/\/ikolaj,

Thanks for the precise reply. I will try to install myeclipse over my current working solution and make sure I don’t select UML2.

I think you’ll find it works well that way. I posted a bug report with our UML team to make them aware of the problem so they can get it addressed in the next release.

I had a look at pulse 2.4. I had tried it earlier on and there were no intersting plugins at that time,

Please don’t let the size of the catalog dissuade you. It actually changes all the time, but you can still add any software you want from any update sites you like, like teneo’s. And, once you use an update it’s automatically bookmarked by Pulse so it’s easy to reuse the software across profiles. While Pulse makes it easier for people to get started with Eclipse, it’s also an incredible “power user” tool for configuring software and installing it for your own use on multiple machines (or virtual machines) easily; like at work and at home, etc. Or even install the same profile on different OS’s without any changes for cross platform testing, etc.

I did not find teneo, which I really recommend you have a look at, automatic persistance of EMF models to a database through hibernate or jpa.

Sounds really useful. The way we get stuff in the Pulse catalog is by users asking us to add it. We even have a forum for that right here. Would you mind posting the request there?

Since tikal is chatting a lot of 404s in in my error log I will consider trying pulse again (but not before rising the 404 issue with the tikal team).

As a support guy, I highly encourage you to report issues with any software you use, ours or others, as that the only way vendors can improve it. However, I know you’ll find Pulse is hugely more powerful than Tikal when you give it a try.

I think the pulse team feature sounds interesting for large teams, but I am not in that ball game currently.

No problem at all. The free Community Edition of Pulse (only lacks sharing) is made just for you. Check it out and please let us know what you think over on the Pulse forums.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: conflict between hypermodel and myeclipse 7 on ganymede 3.4.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in