facebook

Context menu actions occur twice

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ismoore999

HI

I have been noticing some strange actions with Spring DSL whereby the action from a context menu in the DSL explorer performs the action twice.

I attach a screen shot to show the actions.
    When I first chose “Scaffold Getters and Setters”, the code generated had errors and I noticed that this was because it had added two of each getter and setter.
    However when I first tried to delete them, it then became apparent that this was because of two confirmation boxes like the action had been selected twice,.
    As you can see from the screenshot attached, when I first added the getter and setter, you can see duplicates in the explorer window (and the java file has errors due to this).
    When I choose the delete context action on one of the getters, it looks like there is only one dialog but in fact there are two, one above the other (as you can see when moved). The first will work and the second give an error that the operation cannot complete because the code is not present.

I am pretty sure it happens with most context menus as I have had a few issues where I thought I had somehow double clicked the option.

Also one last thing on the getters/setters – could there be an option similar to eclipse to generate all getters/setters in one go, as I would think this is a common requirement?

Version: 10.6.0
    Build ID: 10.6.0-20120831

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #340002 Reply

ismoore999
    #340005 Reply

ismoore999,

We could not replicate the issue at our end.

Can you please switch to a new workspace, create a new project and check whether you can replicate the issue in the new workspace ?

You can select several variables and scaffold getters and setters at once from the project explorer. Alternatively, open the java implementation of the component > Right click on the java editor > Source > Generate getters and setters, select the variables and click ‘Ok’ to create the getters and setters at once.

#340007 Reply

ismoore999

My experience is that this issue matches the eclipse issue indicated in Post (2). If I use Linux on the same workspace and not windows the issue does not take place.

Also if I use the standard getters and setters dialog, that it is displayed twice. However it is easier to manage because it prompts for the getters and setters required, and one can be cancelled.

That said using the standard getters and setters also has a bug in MyEclipse which appears to be a timing issue. On saving the file once the code has been generated by Eclipse, MyEclipse generates code into the file but occasionally one of the getters or setters seems to get deleted as part of the process of addig the comment information used by MyEclipse.

#340036 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ian,

I’m sorry you’re seeing these problems.

We haven’t been able to replicate the duplicate dialogs on Windows (either XP or 7). That makes it difficult to debug. It’s not clear that you have the same problem as the other eclipse users on the eclipse forum topic that you linked to, though it certainly looks like it. They appear to be using the latest eclipse release (Juno, 4.2), which has new underlying technology compared with the base for MyEclipse for Spring, which is eclipse 3.7.

If possible, could you recreate the problem with a new workspace and simple Spring project and attach the zip here or send it to us (tony at genuitec dot com), to see if we can replicate it that way?

Of the eclipse forum, you said that the doubling occurs on all context menu items. Did you mean just the Spring related context menu items, or is it happening even on non-Spring functions? Also, does the problem occur in different perspectives (like the MyEclipse Java Enterprise and MyEclipse Spring perspectives)?

Regarding the getters and setters scaffolding, I’ve seen some odd behavior with the generated code when scaffolding spring getters and setters, and when deleting generated operations. I will be raising a bug about these. Can you provide more detail on the problem with the generated code comments, as I’m not clear on that?

#340059 Reply

ismoore999

Hi

I had a reply to my post in the eclipse forum pointing to this post.

Disabling nVidia nView solved the problem immediately without even having to exit eclipse.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16470866/eclipse-dialogs-open-twice-when-clicked-with-mouse

It was occurring for both eclipse and myeclipse.

#340076 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ian,

Thanks for that link. That’s fantastic news. I had disabled nView a few months ago (though I don’t remember why), so that’s probably why I didn’t see the problem.

I’m glad you’ve solved that particular issue and hope we can sort out the Spring code generation issues in the next release of MyEclipse for Spring (sorry, I don’t have a time frame for that).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Context menu actions occur twice

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in