facebook

Context-Menu (Right-Mouse-Click) disappears immediately

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

jkenens,
    If you mean the context menu in the package explorer, then check this FAQ entry:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-15728.html

if you mean some other context menu, please provide more information.

#265339 Reply

oxygen8

The FAQ is ok:

——————————————————————————–
    jkenens,
    If you mean the context menu in the package explorer, then check this FAQ entry:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-15728.html

but unfortunately my project is built under a WST deployment with weblogic, I can’t have th luxury of reconfiguring the whole project to use the MyEclipse WST plugin since I only care about the editor; I’m sticking with version 5.0.x (much slower but works) while this is fixed, many projects today were there already with no choice than importing an ear/war file so doing that is not an option for me since YOUR WST is not compatible with it.

Thanks,

Guido.

#265340 Reply

oxygen8

Add the fact that many users want to update their eclipse version (including the plugins) doing that also disable the right click context menu functionality, you have to download all in one and stick with it which sucks. As a sugestion I would extend the WST project by adding more servers but not having it on a totally different category (MyEclipse servers and standard WST server) please, re-orient your OO and reusability.

Thanks,

Guido.

#265389 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guido,
    This is fixed in 5.5, we just dorked up the plugin version for 5.1.0. Sorry about that guys.

#265404 Reply

oxygen8

Thank you very much, thats really good news, I’m looking forward to have it as soon as it is out and stable 🙂
    I hope you don’t get my comments wrong, you have to notice that my company uses the product (which was my recommendation which I haven’t regret) and if I care in any sense that you fix it is because we are planning to stick with it for looong time.

Thanks,

Guido.

#265407 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guido,
    We really appreciate that (both the evaluation and adoption of MyEclipse) as well as comments both good and bad.

Actually, if you had a chance you could try out 5.5M1 and report any problems you find with your current environment. We actually did testing and bug fixes for 3 weeks straight, but we want to make sure there are no hickups with 5.5 for folks.

If you don’t have the time for something like that right now, it’s no problem, just throwing it out there to make sure our users keep us honest 😉

#266203 Reply

Hi,

@support-rkalla wrote:

enginsol,
    Our appologies, this got covered in quite a few different threads at the same time so the answers are spread out.

You need to go to your Help > Software Updates > Manage Configuration screen, then disable JST from your Eclipse/WTP install, restart, then disable WST. These plugins will then be loaded from MyEclipse instead (which is what is causing the problem).

I’m using the follow configuration:

Eclipse:
    Version: 3.2.1_r321

MyEclipse:
    Version: 5.5.0 Milestone 1
    Build id: 20070123-5.5.0-Milestone1

Java:
    Version: 1.6.0-b105

I have the same problem trying to display the context menu in the outline Guide, in Matisse Perspective.
    I Have reinstalled everything (clean install, including Java, Eclipse and MyEclipse), and after two or three weeks, it happened. I’ve made two or three small projects only.
    I haven’t installed any plugin in Eclipse, just the MyEclipse default installation and the matisse (from the update site), so the trick above doesn’t work for me.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some suggestion.

Thanks very much for reading.

Best,

Farakeys.

#266232 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Farakeys,
    We have some reports of problems with matisse and JDK 6, can you try and restart and run MYEclipse with JDK 1.5.0_10 or so?

#267273 Reply

LeeRhodes

@support-rkalla wrote:

Farakeys,
    We have some reports of problems with matisse and JDK 6, can you try and restart and run MYEclipse with JDK 1.5.0_10 or so?

I just signed up yesterday with a lot of enthusiasm about MyEclipse and its integration with Matisse and was looking forward to some enhanced productivity. Alas, I couldn’t even get through the Matisse tutorial without stumbling into this context menu problem! From reading through the forum, it appears that this issue has been around since May, 2006 and is still not solved.

Attempting to right-click as in Figure 14a of Matisse4MyEclipse_Development_Quickstart.pdf.

I am running with
    JRE 1.6.0-b105
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.1.1 GA build id: 20070302-GA
    Matisse4MyEclipse 4.1.100.

I tried going back to jre1.5.0_06 (which I had on my machine) and the context menu becomes “half-functional” in the sense that I must first click on the Properties/Events tab, as suggested earlier in this forum.

Unfortunately, I already have a lot of code that is already dependent on some of the new APIs in 1.6 so moving back to 1.5 will prove to be painful. This problem pretty much brings my development with Matisse to a standstill, unless someone has some other work-arround suggestions, to which I would be grateful.

Also, could someone please elaborate a bit more as to what and where the problem is, and in what timeframe this issue could be resolved? If this is exclusively a Java 1.6 problem I would think that someone on the Sun/Java team would be working on it.

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

#267291 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Lee,
    The problem is that the event delivery mechanism changed between 1.5 and 1.6 so the Matisse integration just *behaves* differently when run with JDK 6. Our official JDK 6 platform will be our 6.0 release later this year but we are looking at refreshing M4M before that possibly to fix this issue and make some improvements.

#267296 Reply

LeeRhodes

@support-rkalla wrote:

Lee,
    The problem is that the event delivery mechanism changed between 1.5 and 1.6 so the Matisse integration just *behaves* differently when run with JDK 6. Our official JDK 6 platform will be our 6.0 release later this year but we are looking at refreshing M4M before that possibly to fix this issue and make some improvements.

Thanks for the reply. I suspect the issue is deeper than just a change between 1.5 and 1.6. Even running against 1.5 I can get the context menu to come up only about 20% of the time. I am a newbie to Matisse so is there any other way to get access to the context menu functions without having to bring up the context menu??

Thanks,

Lee.

#267631 Reply

rfulkerson

I am working off of a MyEclipse 5.1.0 AllInOne install, and am having the same problems. I recently updated this install to 5.1.1 through the update manager, and after that changed my vm to java 6. The change to java 6 seemed to be the problem, but this was not optional as my code needs to be compiled in java 6 – and running MyEclipse under the default 1.5 will not allow me to work with some custom widgets in the matisse palette.

I am using the “switch to code tab in properties view” trick to work around this for now, but it is quite annoying. I am using java build 1.6.0-b105.

I hope this can be fixed soon!

–Ron

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Context-Menu (Right-Mouse-Click) disappears immediately

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in