facebook

Cool stuff, but still confused

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

fermataintl

I am in learning mode using your reverse engineering tools for hibernate. I have a mysql database that I created a tone of classes for. I’ve been poking around the menus and under New… Other… MyEclipse -> Hibernate there are 2 entries (I am using 6.01 GA) and every time I click on either one, a dialog pops up but does not allow me to do anything. How granted, maybe I’m not supposed to be doing anything with these. But this is what happens:

1) Hibernate Configuration File — it just says “configuration file path not specified” and doesn’t allow me to enter anything valid, at least as far as I can tell.

2) Session Factory — the project pulldown is disabled and the various buttons (New, Browse) do nothing.

What’s up with these?

Thanks
    Dean

#280413 Reply

Loyal Water

Dean,
    These options have been provided to defind the hibernate.cfg.xml file and the session factory for your hibernate project. You might want to add these later to your hibernate project. When you run through the Add Hibernate capabilities wizard, you will notice these steps have been integrated in the process. You can go thorugh a hibernate tutorial to get a better understanding of how these fit in.

#280434 Reply

fermataintl

Thanks.

BTW, the hibernate.cfg.xml disappeared (for all I know, I may have deleted it with my experimentation). How do I recreate it?

Dean

#280445 Reply

Loyal Water

Dean,
    This is a perfect case where you can use these options. You can go to New > Other > MyEclipse > Hibernate > Hibernate Config file and run through the wizard to add this file.

#280486 Reply

fermataintl

does not work. It says: “configuration file path not specified”. When I press the browse button, another dialog comes up saying “no entries available”, only allowing me to hit cancel. Am I supposed to type in the entire path to the directory in the text field labeled “Configuration Folder”? How do I tell it what project I am talking about?

Thanks.
    Dean

PS I check “Notify me when a reply is posted” but this feature does not appear to work (at least for me)

#280520 Reply

Loyal Water

When I press the browse button, another dialog comes up saying “no entries available”, only allowing me to hit cancel. Am I supposed to type in the entire path to the directory in the text field labeled “Configuration Folder”?

When you hit the browser button, the dialog that comes up should list all the projects that are hibernate projects. If you dont have any hibernate projects, then it shows “no enteries available”.

Do you have a hibernate project which is not being shown in the dialog ?

#280525 Reply

fermataintl

yes. the one I have been experimenting with. How does myeclipse know which projects are hibernate enabled?

#280546 Reply

fermataintl

but ut still does not work

#280609 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you go and grab a hibernate project from Examples On-Demand and check if that shows up in the list ?

I think its the .project file where the project is defined as a hibernate project.

#280612 Reply

fermataintl

where do I find the examples on demand?

#280629 Reply

fermataintl

I just created a new play project, added the hibernate capabilities and went through the wizard. If you (mistakenly) blow away the .cfg file, you are screwed, as far as I can tell.

Dean

#280648 Reply

Loyal Water

where do I find the examples on demand?

You can find it under MyEclipse > Examples-On-Demand under the menu.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Cool stuff, but still confused

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in