facebook

Copilot Chat Roadmap

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rjchandrashekar
    Participant

Hello,

Wondering when to expect the Copilot CHAT feature for MyEclipse IDE? Can we expect this in the next version of the plugin?

#700177 Reply

praveenbuya
    Participant

What is the roadmap for Copilot Chat feature for SpringToolSuite? Do we have any tentative date?

#700180 Reply

wayne

We are actively working on an initial integration of GitHub Copilot Chat for Eclipse/MyEclipse. We hope to have a public preview (ealry-access) available in late March. We will share an update on this topic as we get closer to the availability.
    Wayne

#700508 Reply

markwmccalltr
    Participant

Hello Wayne! How close is the chat feature to a public preview?

#700521 Reply

axbu
    Participant

i am also interrested in this. will this be available soon?

#700530 Reply

wayne

Hi All,

The Genuitec product team is running at full speed. Our window for releasing a preview of Copilot4Eclipse Chat features is May 6-10 (possibly sooner). In addition to developing new Chat features for Copilot4Eclipse we have a major product update of our MyEclipse Java tools that will be released very soon as well. Busy times!

I will post updates here if anything changes to this early May timeframe.

Wayne
    Copilot4Eclipse Team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #700884 Reply

larswunderlich
    Participant

Don’t know whether this is the right place to propose this… however, I think we will see over time that also other competitor tools will come from other vendors including the ability to run an LLM trained for coding activities on a local machine (the right amount of hardware assumed). So, would be good to extend the feature set beyond GitHub Copilot, even though I enjoy this.
    And the other thing which come to mind, is of course, what could be done beyond the pure work on the code, is the capability to generate code or UIs on the flow like OpenUI shows (https://github.com/wandb/openui).

#700906 Reply

wayne

Lars,

Thanks for the forward looking suggestions. We started our AI integration on Eclipse with GitHub Copilot because: 1) it is the overwhelming choice of developers and organizations atm and will continue to be so for a while based on the GitHub’s recent advances and 2) we use GitHub Copilot intensively here and wanted Eclipse integration for our own use. We will definitely continue to monitor the market and be watchful for emerging Copilot competitors.

Wayne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Copilot Chat Roadmap

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in