facebook

Copy to Clipboard not working in CodeMix editors (Mac)

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ssadedin3
    Participant

When I highlight some text in a CodeMix editor, I can’t copy it to the clipboard.

That is, (on a Mac) Cmd-C does not copy it, and if I right click, the Copy option is grayed out. The behavior is as if nothing was actually selected.

Any hints or workarounds?

#596117 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

ssadedin3,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Though we are already investigating the grayed out menu items, we haven’t seen reports for the the key binding not working. Is it possible that you’ve altered the key bindings on the Mac in some way, perhaps in the System Preferences? You should see the current setting next to the Copy menu item in the main Edit menu. If not, could you let us know the release of the Mac OS and the release of eclipse that you’re using, to help us replicate?

#596118 Reply

ssadedin3
    Participant

Thanks for the followup.

Prompted by your comment I’ve been able to identify that the problem with the key binding is due to my using the viplugin extension. It looks like that extension maps the C keystroke to Copy if it thinks there is a current selection, and to Change Line if it thinks there is not. So in this case it thinks incorrectly that there is no current selection when in a CodeMix editor, which is presumably also why the menu is grayed out (Eclipse also doesn’t think there is any current selection). In other words – ignore the Cmd-C not working, that is due to viplugin. If you fix the menu then I think there’s a good chance they both will be fixed.

#596119 Reply

Brian Fernandes

The context menu actions being disabled is not because of the plugin, but our upcoming release does contain fixes that should keep it working with the plugin as well – thank you for following up with that detail.

Can you confirm that you have
    viPlugin installed (http://www.viplugin.com/viplugin.htm)
    and not Vrapper (https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/vrapper-vim)

I ask because on the marketplace, the latter appears to be far more popular.

Thanks!

#596122 Reply

ssadedin3
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Can confirm I am using viplugin (just an old habit really). I tried Vrapper as well and observe similar behavior – although it appears to respond to Cmd-C it does not copy the text that was selected to the clipboard.

Thanks for the great work on CodeMix!

#596582 Reply

support-swapna

ssadedin3,

The problem with Copy to clipboard action is fixed in our latest CodeMix release, CI 2018.8.15.
    Please update (Help > Check for Updates) and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Copy to Clipboard not working in CodeMix editors (Mac)

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in