I am using MyEclipse Blue Edition (Version: 9.1 Blue, Build id: 9.1-Blue-20110701) in Windows 7 Enterprise – 32 bit OS.
I installed WebSphere Application Server for Developers V7 and tried configuring the Blue connector for running my Struts Application. The deploy was okay – but when I try to start the application server from MyEclipse IDE I get a popup error telling “Could not create the Java Virtual Machine” and the console in MyEclipse shows an error “Unrecognized option: -Xshareclasses:name=webspherev70,nonFatal”.
Please help. Do let me know if you need any more details from my side.
Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Could you answer below queries –
1. Open MyEclipse Blue IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here
2. Attach .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here
3. Please clarify, if you have set the WAS 7 JDK as the one supplied by WAS?
4. Attach a screenshot of Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers > Websphere Blue Connectors > WebSphere 7
5. Are you behind firewall / proxy?