facebook

Could not publish to the server – permission denied

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

slaterscc
    Participant

I have a jsf project with ME2017 on wildfly 10.1. Sometimes, seems random, I’ll try to redeploy and get a popup with a failure. This is in the error log and poup:

Could not publish to the server.
    There were issues during deployment to server WildFly v10.x at localhost. See Error Log for details.
    Cannot delete C:\aa\wildfly-10.1.0.Final\standalone\deployments\aa.war directory.
    Deployment failed
    Cannot create directory C:\aa\wildfly-10.1.0.Final\standalone\deployments\aa.war\META-INF.
    Cannot create directory C:\aa\wildfly-10.1.0.Final\standalone\deployments\aa.war\META-INF.

the error log shows An exception stack trace is not available.

If I go look in that folder, I’ll see that with windows explorer I can’t even navigate into the meta-inf folder. I get permission denied.

ME is all running as me and I am an admin on my win7 laptop. Something in the deployment is changing the permissions and looks like causing this problem.

Sometimes it will work fine to redeploy a few times. Then it does this and I have to stop, undeploy, then remove the entire folder from the standalone deployments and start again.

Is this a bug or anyone know how to make it work?

Thank you!

#538853 Reply

support-swapna

slaterscc,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Windows “Access Denied” error is not only associated with lack of privileges but might also with exclusive lock acquired by another process.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If yes, then turn it off and check if the issue persists.
    2. Can you please recheck the file permissions for the WildFly directory?
    3. Please send us the full .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#540712 Reply

support-swapna

slaterscc,

Thank you for the log file. This looks like a problem with WildFly + Windows where the files in the deployment folder are being locked. I am afraid this is not something which is under MyEclipse control.

There are users who reported similar problems with file locking when deploying to WildFly on Windows :
    https://developer.jboss.org/thread/267309?_sscc=t
    https://developer.jboss.org/thread/236843

To workaround is to stop the server which will release the locks and then publish the project once again.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Could not publish to the server – permission denied

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in