facebook

Crashes whilst loading Workspace

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Derek Cook
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed MyEclipse 2018 CI on my Windows laptop, and it seems very unstable in starting up. Once starting up it is fine.

When I select the workspace to use, you will see the progress bar progressing and then stall. If you click on the workspace window, you will get an error message to say that the Java runtime is not responding. This is also evident from task manager.

Once this happens, it will keep happening. If you run the installer and repair the application, then it will start up. But when you shutdown and restart you hit the same problem.

When it fails, you get an error dialog. See attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597651 Reply

support-swapna

Derek,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem. Thank you for the details and the screenshot.
    The error code java was started but returned exit code=-805306369 indicates a corrupted workspace.

1. Can you please clarify if you are seeing the same problem with a new workspace as well? Please switch to using a new workspace and import the projects from the previous workspace and check if the issue persists.

2. If you are seeing the problem with a new workspace as well, then please start MyEclipse 2018 CI with -clean command args and check if it helps (refer to this FAQ).

3. Please share your OS and version details along with the .log file from the troubled workspace for further investigation. The log file can be found at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with this problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Crashes whilst loading Workspace

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in