facebook

Create new project from TFS ?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

neily
    Participant

Relatively new to AngularIDE using Team Explorer Everywhre so simple question hopefully.

I have a working project that i start on my devPC and shared into Team Foundation Server using Team Explorer Everywhere. I now have another dev that want to open that existing project from TFS into AngularIDE. how does he go about it? Can not find any hints so far anywhere.

#578319 Reply

support-swapna

Neily,

Thank you for trying Angular IDE.

Can you please clarify if the other user has installed Team Foundation Server plugin to Angular IDE?
    If no, then please install it. Here are the instructions : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh301122(v=vs.120).aspx

Once the plugin is installed, you will see the option to import projects from Team Foundation Server (File > Import > Team). Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Angular IDE is based on Eclipse IDE. The install instructions and the way TFS plugin works in Angular IDE will be the same as in Eclipse IDE.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #578763 Reply

neily
    Participant

That was fine as far as it connected to TFS and downloaded a copy of the source but it does not recognize it as an Angular CLI project.
    No server to run and no option to add it when you do Add Server. Any idea what the next steps are?

Neil

#578796 Reply

support-swapna

Neily,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. How exactly is the project imported from TFS into Angular IDE? i.e which wizard did you choose?
    2. Can you clarify if you see Angular CLI entry in the Servers view and when expanded, the particular project is not listed?
    3. Select the project in the Terminal+ view and at the prompt type ‘npm install’ and check if it helps. If you see any errors logged, then please share with us the entire output from the Terminal+ view.
    4. Please send us all the .* files of the project (.settings folder, .project, .angular-cli.json etc) for further investigation. To view the .* files in the Explorer view, click on the inverted triangle icon i.e View Menu > Customize Editor and uncheck .* resources box in the Filters tab.
    5. If possible, please also share with us screenshot of the project structure expanded in the Project Explorer+ view.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Create new project from TFS ?

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in