facebook

Creating a new offline Angular project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jeromem
    Participant

Hi,

I’m evaluating Angular IDE for an offline development.
    I’ve already installed Angular CLI locally as well as all necessary for a default project created by “ng new”.

When trying to create an Angular project, the wizard throws an error dialog with “Obtain Angular CLI version” Null Pointer Exception. According to the log, it tries to connect registry.npmjs.org.
    It seems that it is impossible offline. I couldn’t find any configuration option for accessing a local angular CLI.

Any hint please?

Best regards,

#604048 Reply

tim.mitchell
    Participant

I also get the same problem. I started getting this on Wednesday.

#604052 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Angular IDE does not use the global angular cli, it will try to get the one you specified when you create the angular project via npm install which could hit: registry.npmjs.org I would suggest to execute the first provisioning of your angular project in a system that can access the internet and just copy the node_modules directory to your project where you don’t have access to the internet. This will work as a workaround. Is this something doable on your side? Let us know.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#604152 Reply

jeromem
    Participant

Thanks Ignacio.

I created an angular project from outside Angular IDE, thanks to an offline npm cache.
    I’ve got all necessary node_modules installed and I imported the project within Angular IDE.
    Now, for basic testing, is Angular IDE able to run “ng serve” for me or do I have to run it through a Server?

#604153 Reply

support-swapna

Glad that the workaround helps. The Angular server is included in our tooling. Go to the Servers view, expand Angular CLI entry and click the Start button on the desired application to run it.

Please see this tutorial for help with running Angular server : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/servers/running-angular-server/

Hope this helps. Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#604159 Reply

jeromem
    Participant

Thanks. The tutorial seems to be useful enough.

Best Regards,

#604288 Reply

jeromem
    Participant

Hi again,

When running New -> Component, where is Angular IDE supposed to look for Angular CLI, please?
    Currently, with my offline angular install, creating a new component does not work either.
    I feel that as long as you don’t make possible to setup where angular cli is installed, it won’t be able to run any command by itself.
    Of course, I can do it myself from the command line but it makes parts of Angular IDE useless I guess.

Best Regards,

#604326 Reply

Hi Jermmen,

Sorry for the problem you are facing,

Not having internet connection will cause some limitations on Angular IDE to the proper functioning of angular projects.
    To be able to work with out a internet access you will need create the project in a machine with internet accees and then import the project into Angular ide, in this way you should be able to create components and start server without internet access.
    We will consider the option of creating angular projects without need a internet connection in the future.

Thanks to reach out so we can create a better product for you.

#604418 Reply

jeromem
    Participant

Thanks Oscar.
    Currently, I have to run Angular CLI commands outside Angular IDE. So, this is a minor inconvenience.
    But consider it as a Feature Request please.

Best Regards,

#604420 Reply

jeromem
    Participant

By the way, would it be possible to make the plugin available as a site file, please?
    I’d like to use Angular IDE later as a plugin but I can’t install it online through the marketplace.

#604449 Reply

support-swapna

jeromem,

You can install Angular IDE offline by mirroring the update site. When on a machine that’s connected to the net, you could make a mirror of our update site. You can then copy this mirror to your offline machine, and then install using the Local button in the “Add Update site” dialog to install from this site.

To make a mirror, execute the following commands from within the folder containing eclipse.exe, where mirrorfolder is the destination into which you want to mirror the site.

/eclipse.exe -nosplash -verbose -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication -raw -ignoreErrors -source http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/ -destination codemixMirror

and then

/eclipse.exe -nosplash -verbose -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication -raw -ignoreErrors -source http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/ -destination codemixMirror

Once you execute these two commands, the codeMixMirror folder will be generated with plugins (around 300MB and 57 files) and features folders along with artifacts.jar and content.jar. You can then point to the mirrored codemixMirror folder in the ‘Add Update Site’ wizard.

Angular tools has dependency on DevStyle plugin as well, so you will have to mirror DevStyle too in addition to CodeMix. Here is the update site for DevStyle : https://www.genuitec.com/updates/devstyle/ci/

Add the DevStyle mirror site to the Available Software Sites and make sure it is checked/selected. Go to Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites. Click on ‘Add’ and choose ‘Local’ and select the DevStyle mirror folder.

Once the DevStyle is added, then install from the mirrored CodeMix site. You can select the appropriate components you want to install. If you want only Angular IDE, then select ‘AngularIDE by CodeMix’. You can choose to select specific components under the group, ‘CodeMix Individual Features’ or install all the components by selecting ‘CodeMix Extended Suite’. If the install fails, then try deselecting some of the components and try again.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you see any issues with this approach.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#604601 Reply

jeromem
    Participant

Thanks. I will try this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Creating a new offline Angular project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in