facebook

Creating a new Run Configuration for Wildfly 26

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GeorgeMathias
    Participant

I just downloaded MyEclipse22_1_0 and using wildfly26 with openjdk17_2_0

I need to use wildfly26 with new myeclipse. What I did so far:

Added new Server Runtime Environment for wildflyAS24+ with Wildfly26 configuration.
    Added a new Server with Wildfly26 as a Runtime at Localhost

Now when I goto Menu->Run->Run Confogurations

From the left menu, select ‘MyEclipse Server’ – right click ‘New Configuration’, Wildfly26 Runtime does not show up in the Server: dropdown. I only have options, “MyEclipse Derby, MyEclipse Tomcat v8.5, MyEclipse Tomcat v9.0, Wildfly 10.x at localhost”.

How do I add Widfly 26 to this server list?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #680404 Reply

GeorgeMathias
    Participant

Attaching runtime list.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #680409 Reply

Brian Fernandes

George,

I’m going to ask the dev team to look into why this is happening. Since you said you created the Server (I assume it’s showing up in the Servers view), you should still be able to use it without having to deal with the run configuration.

1) To deploy a project, you could right click the project and choose Run As > MyEclipse Server Application and then choose Wildfly 26.
    Conversely, you could bring up the context menu on the Server itself (from the Servers view) and choose Add/Remove Deployments. You can then pick the project.

2) If you wish to edit the launch configuration of the server, double click the server to open the server editor. In the editor, click the, “Open launch configuration” link which will allow you to change switches and settings used to launch the server.

Does this work for you, or do you need to do something else?

#680463 Reply

GeorgeMathias
    Participant

Thanks Brian. Yes I am using that no. 1 option for now to continue working. I am curious why the other feature which I used for many years does not work.

Thanks again.

#680477 Reply

Brian Fernandes

George,

I must admit, I have never come across the capability being used this way! It’s good to know this worked for you in the past – we’re taking a look at it for sure, thank you for the report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Creating a new Run Configuration for Wildfly 26

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in