facebook

CSS changes not reflecting when reloading page in browser

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jtflores

I am using Myeclipse 6.01 with Tomcat 6.014 server. I am running web project application in debug/start mode with exploded project deployment. Is there a reason why css changes do not take effect when changes are made. It seems that the only way to view the changes is to restart the server.

#279786 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Chances are they are being made, but your browser is caching the old CSS. Try and use SHIFT-Refresh on the page to force the web browser to reload the page’s assets.

#279792 Reply

jtflores

I did do that does not work. The changes are reflecting in Tomcat deployment context. However they do not reload, unless you restart the server.

#279795 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Is this not a plain web project but rather a JSF project or something like that? If so, that would explain the caching.

#279799 Reply

jtflores

It is a jsf project. What does that mean?

#279802 Reply

Riyad Kalla

JSF does some heavy caching, you’ll see similar behavior with data tables possibly and other components that will cache their state until the context is reloaded. MyEclipse cannot force JSF to reload it’s resources, but restarting the context in Tomcat (by touching web.xml) will force JSF to do it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: CSS changes not reflecting when reloading page in browser

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in