facebook

CubicTest window preferences unavailable

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I have recently upgraded to ME 8.5 through the pulse explorer service.
    During that process i also added the CubicTest plugin.

After the upgrade everything seems to work except when i try to reach the
    CubicTest:s preferences from ME:s Window\Preferences … menu alternativ.
    When clicking on the CubicTest in the Preferences dialog box I get this error message
    in the log:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
    org.cubictest.recorder.ui.preferences.RecorderPreferencePage

If i look further into the logging i can also see this message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.cubictest.ui.preferences.DefaultPreferencePage
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:326)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:231)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1193)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:160)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:874)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:259)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceNode.createPage(WorkbenchPreferenceNode.java:47)
    at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.createPage(PreferenceDialog.java:1339)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.createPage(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:382)
    at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.showPage(PreferenceDialog.java:1230)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.showPage(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:679)
    at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$10.run(PreferenceDialog.java:708)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$9.selectionChanged(PreferenceDialog.java:704)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$3.run(StructuredViewer.java:864)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(StructuredViewer.java:862)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handlePostSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1175)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$5.widgetSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1200)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.firePostSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$5(OpenStrategy.java:245)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$3.run(OpenStrategy.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3885)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3506)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.open(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.OpenPreferencesAction.run(OpenPreferencesAction.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

When I check if the class i available for my CubicTest project i can see that the class is not included in the jars in the CubicTest Selenium Library, which is automatically added to the project in ME when chosing “Create new CubicTest project”.

So probably im missing some class or jar files. Is this something that i can correct by adding another jar or different version of the cubictest jars or is it something missing in the cubicTest plugin for ME?

The reason for my question is that i want to be able to change the default browser for CubicTest from Firefox to Chrome. And it is possible to do, for now, only on each CubicTest in the project but not for the whole project or for all projects in ME. And I thought that setting would be editable from the Window Preferences.

I also tried to change from *firefox to *googlehrome for the parameter:

SeleniumExporterPlugin.defaultBrowserType=*googlechrome

in the test-project.properties for the CubicTest project. This works only for running the CubicTests, not for recording. Maybe this is not possible, to change default recording browser in CubicTest, but i still wonder why the Window Preferences dialog box gives me the error message.

With Kind Regards

Anders

#307345 Reply

support-joy

Anders,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Let me clarify that MyEclipse doesn’t provide any intrinsic support for cubic test plugin. Please refer – http://myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-1.html
    I am able to reproduce this issue. I will file a PR for the dev team members to investigate this issue.

#309183 Reply

Robert Kuropkat
    Participant

Has anyone seen a solution to this? I also would like to try out CubicTest. andersflodell, does Firefox even start for you? I can’t see the preferences page for CubicTest either, but I also can’t get Firefox to even start. FWIW. From the CubicTest web pages, it says Firefox is required for recording. I don’t know if the omission of Chrome from that statement implies recording is supported only in Firefox.

#309194 Reply

support-joy

Robert,

Can you answer few queries for me –

1. Copy and paste your installation details. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details
    2. Can you let me know how did you install CubicTest? Can you share the download weblink here?
    3. Have you verified that the plugin is compatible to your ME profile’s base eclipse?
    4. Have you tried to install the same on Eclipse classic? Are you able to see all the features? If yes, you can add ME as an update site. This will help you use the features of cubictest and ME.

Let me know how this works for you.

#310426 Reply

Robert, I have tried to run my CubicTest project again from within my ME 8.5 installation.
    I have now realized that CubicTest work only if I first opens a aat file in ME and then right-clicks on the aat file and then choose Run As -> Run test with selenium.
    If I skip the step where opening the aat file first, the right-clicking logs an error in ME error log.

It also works for me to run a CubicTest by creating a run configuration in ME for an aat file. But I haven’t done it directly, only indirectly by first running a test as described above and then wait for ME to automatically generate a run configuration for later use. In the created run configuration I could then change which browser to use. Once created I could then start the run configuration from menu options by click on Run > Run configurations … > CubicTest Selenium Runner.

At the moment i have a couple of CubicTests runnable with google chrome. But thats because Ive manually changed each tests run configuration to use chrome instead of firefox.
    And when recording CubicTest starts firefox for me. To do so i have to create a new CubicTest with CubicTest wizard and then right-click on the aat file generated and choose Run As -> Record test with selenium.

Anders

#310452 Reply

support-joy

Anders,

Thank you for sharing your notes with us.

Best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: CubicTest window preferences unavailable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in