facebook

Custom filtering in the MyEclipse Explorer tree missing

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rzc1
    Participant

Hi Genuitec team,

i have a project with about 50 libraries (jar files) that are cluttering my project tree in the MyEclipse Java Enterprise perspective. The tree looks like this

PROJECTNAME
    src (sourcefolder)
    tst (sourcefolder)
    lib1.jar
    lib2.jar
    … 50 more jars
    lib 52.jar
    config (config folder)

It is not important for me to see the jars under the project tree. This just leads to crazy scrolling performances.

Is it possible to put the libraries in a subtree like “Referenced Libraries” like in Package Explorer?
    Is it possible to filter out all jar files from the MyEclipse Explorer like it is possible in Package Explorer?

Best wishes
    Stefan

#487768 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stefan,

I’ve filed an enhancement request against this capability – I can see how having a large number of JARs could be very cumbersome.

Note that there is a filter that will remove all the JARs entirely (it’s called the “Classpath container and Archived Nodes” filter) but that will cause them to disappear from the view outright – would that help?

On another note – we’re glad you’re using the MyEclipse explorer (over the package explorer) – is there any particular feature of the explorer that you really like?

#487770 Reply

rzc1
    Participant

Hi Brian,

thanks for the quick answer.

I can not find the “Classpath container and Archived Nodes” filter in the dialog “Available Customizations”. Could you describe in detail where I can find it? I am currently on MyEclipse 2015 CI 19. Maybe it was added later.

Best wishes
    Stefan

#487771 Reply

rzc1
    Participant

Forgot to mention. What I like most about the MyEclipse Explorer is the filter field. This gets me to the files I want quickly.

#487779 Reply

support-swapna

Stefan,

Please refer to the attached screenshot to find the ‘Classpath Container and Archive Node Filer’.
    Alternatively, if you are looking to hide the user jars, or jars internal to the project, often placed under the lib directory of the project, then you can follow these steps :

1. Create a user library with the jars you want to hide.
    2. Go the project’s build path, switch to the Libraries tab, remove the jars which you want to hide.
    3. Click on ‘Add Library’, select ‘User Library’, and select the user library you created.
    4. Once done, the jars will be under a single node with the user library name which can be folded or if you want to filter them out, you can go to Customize View in the MyEclipse Explorer view and check the filter ‘Libraries from external’.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #491660 Reply

rzc1
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

this works very good. Thank you for this workaround.

Best wishes
    Stefan

#491663 Reply

support-swapna

Stefan,

Glad that it works.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Custom filtering in the MyEclipse Explorer tree missing

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in