facebook

cvs folder structure

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ronaldvdh

When I check-in a project via MyEclipseIde you can specify a directory to wich you want to point in the CVS repository. But when i check-out my project, the structure is not pulled out of cvs, but only the project name is used for the foldername. For example,

I bevelop in s:\project\somecompany\someproject\somemodule\ and this si a standard for the company developers and cvs. I can put it in cvs thisway but i cannot check-out in the same structure because it is put in the workdir with the projectname.

Is there a way to check-out to a structured folder?

b.r.
    Ronald

#224997 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ronald,
    When you check something into CVS, you are checking a “module” into a “repository”, so if the repository you chose to check into is “someproject” and you name the module “somemodule”, then when you connect back to “someproject” and pull down “somemodule” you should get exactly what you checked in.

If you are not seeing this behavior please check the Eclipse CVS docs or ask the Eclipse user/dev list for help (you are welcome to ask here, I just think it would be more effective to go to the source).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: cvs folder structure

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in