facebook

Cypal Studio and GWT Support

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web 2.0 / AJAX
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mfkilgore

Yes getting Cypal installed following the instructions above does work. I think there might still be a conflict given that (from the cypal documentation) —
    “Cypal Studio for GWT is implemented as a WTP Facet. When creating a new Dynamic Web Project, select the configuration ‘Cypal Studio for GWT’ in the first page of the Wizard.”

And ME does not support the the standard Eclipse Dynamic Web Project, at least that is my understanding. I will try adding Cypal to a ME Web Project to see if that works. In the end it will be better to have integrated GWT support in ME…

#295408 Reply

support-joy

Thank you mfkilgore. I would recommend you to post to MyEclipse – Feature section to add the integrated GWT support from cypal studio. Here is the link – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topics/myeclipse/feature-requests/

#295482 Reply

@huisma13 wrote:

Cypal doesn’t have the usual plugins/features structure in their zip-file, but unzipped the 3 jars from the zip into <ME 7.0-directory>\dropins\plugins (I also created an empty ‘features’ dir under dropins) and restarting ME 7, showed the plugin as installed from ME. I also have File/New/Other…/<Cypal category> added. Can’t run the New GWT Module wizard, as I didn’t yet install the gwt, but that’s next on the agenda 😉

Did you have to create the dropins and plugins directories? My ME7 directory exists at C:\Users\rob\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0, and I created those directories and then put the 3 cypal jar files into the plugins directory, but ME doesn’t recognize them (apparently). Have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks, -Rob

#295488 Reply

Ton Huisman

That’s indeed what I did, create both the plugins & features inside the dropins directory, and put the Cypal jarfiles into the plugins directory. Then (re)start ME7.0.1 and it should be working. Crucial fact is you actually need the 7.0.1 update (beginning of feb. version) to have it recognize the plugins stuff.
    I haven’t tested any Cypal features/wizards yet, as I currently don’t have any project using GWT, but I might have in the near future…

Sidenote: My actual installdir is “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Pulse\MyEclipse 7.0”, because I installed Pulse in the past, and didn’t uninstall that before I installed ME 7.0, but that should be irrelevant.

HTH
    Ton

#295505 Reply

mfkilgore

I finally had tome to try and test the Cypal features/wizards and as I had thought they do NOT work with ME. So while everything installs now, it would appear that Cypal is looking for standard Eclipse project types for web applications that ME does not support.

This leaves again with the urgent request to have GWT support resolved and working.

Thanks

#295506 Reply

mfkilgore

I finally had tome to try and test the Cypal features/wizards and as I had thought they do NOT work with ME. So while everything installs now, it would appear that Cypal is looking for standard Eclipse project types for web applications that ME does not support.

This leaves again with the urgent request to have GWT support resolved and working.

Thanks

#295559 Reply

support-joy

I understand your concern mfkilgore, but as I said earlier MyEclipse currently doesn’t support GWT support from cypal studio. Please feel free to post feature requests here – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topics/myeclipse/feature-requests/

#301202 Reply

guyr

For those seeking some GWT support in MyEclipse, GWT Designer from Instantiations works fine; my whole work team uses it.

http://www.instantiations.com/gwtdesigner/index.html

#301208 Reply

support-joy

Guy,

Appreciate you taking time to share your findings with us. This will help other forum users.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Cypal Studio and GWT Support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in