facebook

Darkest Dark theme has highlight issue

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

biswaraj2013
    Participant

My workbench theme is Deep black and Editor theme is Eclipse standard but whenever I open my eclipse only my workbench background color changes to light pink or white colou and therefore I have to change my preference settings every time I open my eclipse or also if I have created a new class. Please refer to the screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #679566 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Eclipse version and details from Help > About Eclipse?
    2. OS and version details, any particular OS theme set in case of Windows?
    3. Do you see the issue in a fresh new workspace as well? Please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) to help us check for any errors logged.
    4. Please go to Window > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder and see if the Record into is checked? In case it is checked, then please uncheck it and shut down Eclipse. Go to [user_home]/.eclipse and move / delete the folders named *oomph* – this will make the (bad) saved preferences inaccessible. Restart Eclipse, switch to a new workspace and check if this helps clear out the issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#681042 Reply

XiongDaiDai
    Participant

Can I know what’s update about this issue?
    I met the same issue.

#681043 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with DevStyle.

Please go to Window > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder and see if the Record into is checked? In case it is checked, then please uncheck it and shut down Eclipse. Go to [user_home]/.eclipse and move / delete the folders named *oomph* – this will make the (bad) saved preferences inaccessible. Restart Eclipse, switch to a new workspace and check if this helps clear out the issue.

Can you please check if the above step fixes the problem?

If the issue persists, then please send us answers to the questions I posted in my previous response to help us investigate further.
    Also share the screenshot of the IDE to help us get a visual of the problem.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#681089 Reply

XiongDaiDai
    Participant

Hi,
    I did what you said above, but it’s not worked.
    My OS is Win7 Pro and applyed classic theme.

#681144 Reply

support-swapna

Xiong,

Apologies for missing out your reply. Sorry that the suggestion didn’t help.
    Can you please check how it looks in Eclipse Dark theme? Go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance and select Dark for the theme. Restart the IDE and check if the highlight issue persists.

As Aaron mentioned in his previous responses on this thread, it is a known limitation of SWT on Windows 7. The only other suggestion is to check with different Windows (OS) themes and enabling Aero if possible : https://obsproject.com/wiki/How-to-enable-or-disable-Aero-in-Windows-7

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Darkest Dark theme has highlight issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in