facebook

database application

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aklisiewicz

I’m thinking about purchasing Mobi One, and have simple pre-sale question. How MobiOne handles any type of database applications ? I would like to see some examples or tutorials how can I:
    – connect to SQLite(locally), or MySQL(remotely)
    – create grid (list) of records
    – create a form to Add/Edit/Delete a record

So far I was not able to find any examples or documentation on that topic. One message along with the example on this forums only shows how to create a table or add a record but it doesn’t show really anything visual….

Arthur

#329256 Reply

dabbelju

Hi Arthur,

– connect to SQLite(locally) => possible. You will find in the forum some examples how to deal with local db.
    – MySQL(remotely) => Not possible directly. there is no way to connect from the app to the db directly. You would need to do something like generateing XML or JSON files on the server, download it to your app via jquery and put them in the local db. You will find also examples for this in the forum.
    – create grid (list) of records => for sure possible. Take a look at the MobiBike-News example. This displays data directly from an xml file. You would need to display it from db.
    – create a form to Add/Edit/Delete a record => You can do this locally through functions. If you want to update the db on the server, then you should think about doing it with php or somethiong similar.

Hope it helps.

best
    dabbelju

#330864 Reply

aklisiewicz

OK, thanks for clarifying
    can you tel me where can I find an example App with local data storage in SQLite ?

Arthur

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: database application

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in