facebook

Database Explorer Usage Poll

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Freightek

I’m using it with SQL Server 2000… mostly for quick lookups or updates. I use MS Query Analyzer for the more heavyweight stuff because I use a lot of MSSQL specific keywords (like TOP) in my queries and I get tired of these being treated like errors. However, I do love DB Explorer for the quick stuff that I use it for.

#216339 Reply

support-jeff

Will that be possible to view stored procedures in DB Explorer, thus make it a universal resource controller.

For Oracle, yes. If I get my way, for Postgresql too.

The request for generating scripts for all selections is reasonable and I will add it to the issue list. Multi-select was basically added for Hibernate mapping generation support, but should be extended to other actions as well.

#216400 Reply

Victor Ott

It would have been better to allow multiple votes in this poll, I think most of us use more than one DBMS. I voted for PostgreSQL, but besides it, my current projects cover too (weighted order): MS SQL Server 2000, Oracle 8 & 9, HSQLDB and SAP DB. It’s hard to pick “the one and only”, in fact such doesn’t exist.

#216461 Reply

support-jeff

not my poll software, just working with what exists. Hence the request for comments on other dbs you use. I assume that you vote for the one you use most.

#217508 Reply

support-jeff

::poke::

#219949 Reply

support-jeff

::poke:: and Oracle support is coming in 3.8.3 – create, view, edit triggers, stored procs, java, packages, functions, etc.

#221986 Reply

support-jeff

::shove:: ok, I lied about the Oracle support in 3.8.3 – only explain plans and viewing function, procedure, trigger, etc source is supported at this time. More will be available in the future.

Also, Postgresql users, what kinds of postgresql-specific support would like to see? I am working on stored proc (i.e. function) and trigger viewing, editing, execution; monitor nodes; languages installed; explain plan. Anything else that would be helpful or that I am glaringly missing?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Database Explorer Usage Poll

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in