facebook

Database related applications

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aklisiewicz

I’m thinking about buying a license but have few questions regarding MobiOne:

1 – how well implemented is dealing with local databases ?

My main point of interest is to create Forms and Grids which will represent records from the database.
    This means access to local SQLite storage , access to local device contacts etc.

2 – how easy would be to deal with real time remote database access (i.e. MySQL running on Apache server) ?

3. how easy would be to deal with data synchronization between MySQL (on remote server) and local SQLite database ?

4. How would I handle typical SQL operations (ie. CRUD, using VIEWs, or simply sending SQL query string ?

5. If I build a record grid, how would I sort it, filter it etc. Do I have to do everything by coding or there are any tools to simplify it…?

using the term “how easy would be..” I mean getting things to work with writing as little code as possible and spending minimum time. BTW – I’m a developer but in the past have been using other languages, so I’m a little familiar with JS, little more with DHTML and almost no familiar with PHP. Basically I’m looking for the tool which allow me to visually build the database type Apps with minimum coding (I got spoiled with some other 4GL RAD tools).
    I use other toold for database design/creation so in most cases I would access existing database. I’m not very much familiar with JSON or XML and I also wonder how can I easily build web services – does MO offer anything in that matter ? I don’t really care if an App is using webkit or it is fully native App, and I don’t care about ROI or ADMOB.
    What I mostly care about is the time I need to get the job done. Most of the Apps would rely on list/form schema with field editing. Perhaps some image handling, maps, links, eventually some audio, that’s it, so nothing really fancy.
    Tried to get some answers form the support team, but their explanations were somewhat unclear…

I would appreciate sharing your opinions, hoping that answers to those questions will help others in a future make the right decision in selecting a proper development tool.

Thanks – Arthur

#330421 Reply

nvts

Arthur,

I am also wanting to accomplish the same as you listed above. If you find out from a direct email from a user on this forum, please let me know. If i find any by researching other sites and blogs, I will let you know.

I have and am using MobiOne on the trial period and really like what I have seen.

Cheers…

Howard

#330514 Reply

nvts

Update.

Has anyone tried JQuery EasyUI with MobiOne. I am going to give it a try.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated :).

Cheers…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Database related applications

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in