facebook

DB Browser, MySQL and SSH Tunnel

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Luis Pedro
    Participant

Hello,

On a Windows 8.1 machine, I need to connect from MyEclipse to a MySQL server through a SSH tunnel.
    I established the tunnel with PuTTY forwarding the local 3306 port to the remote 3306 port. I tested that the tunnel is ok by using MySQL workbench and connecting to 127.0.0.1:3306, which successfully connected to the remote server. So far so good.

Now, in MyEclipse, I went to the DB Browser and created a new MySQL connection; I used the following parameters:

Driver template: MySQL Connector/J
    Driver name: mysql
    Connection URL: jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/mydbname
    User name: root
    Password: <my root password>
    Driver JAR(s): <the path to the mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar file>
    Driver classname: com.mysql.fabric.jdbc.FabricMySQLDriver (only available choice)

If I click on Test Driver (or if I try to open the connection) I get the following error:

Error while performing database login with the mysql driver: Unable to create connection. Check your URL.

The URL seems correct to me though. Given that the tunneling is working with mysql workbench, there must be something I am missing or doing wrong when using the DB Browser. Can someone help?

Thanks,
    M.

EDIT:
    as a workaround while I’m waiting to find a solution, I installed a MySQL server locally on the machine running MyEclipse. Turns out, it also does not work in this case, with the same error. So it does not seem a problem tied to the tunneling. Ideas?

#354254 Reply

Luis Pedro
    Participant

Ok, so I seem to have found it. When I first created the connection, I had inadvertently left the com.mysql.fabric.jdbc.FabricMySQLDriver class selected. When I got back to edit it after I saw it was not working, this was the only choice available. However, if I had looked at the class selector while I was first creating the connection, I would have seen other choices, among which a more familiar com.mysql.jdbc.driver

That’s the one to choose, and the one that is working.

#354255 Reply

support-swapna

luismpedro,

Glad that it is working fine. Yes, com.mysql.jdbc.driver is the right one.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

#391838 Reply

Mark Corton
    Participant

This really helped me, thanks!

I had exactly the same thing – the FabricMySQLDriver was the only class displayed when I first created a driver.. only when I created a new one did I see the other options, doh!

so cheers!
    Mark

#391911 Reply

support-swapna

Mark,

Glad that you got it working.
    Let us know if you see any issues working with MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: DB Browser, MySQL and SSH Tunnel

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in