facebook

DB Browser – Table/Object Info errors on first use

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dwight
    Participant

Running ME 2016 CI 4 — I created a new Workspace yesterday (trying to solve a different problem), and when I reviewed the log today I found a ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in TableInfoView, and then several ClassCastException errors related to TableInfoView. From the timing, I think the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error happened when I first opened the ME Database Explorer perspective. Then just after I got my first database connector working, I had a problem: the first few times I successfully opened a database connection and selected a table, the Table/Object Info window remained empty. I tried a couple different tables, then closed & re-connected to the database, all to no avail. Then I closed the Table/Object window and re-added it (via Window / Show View…), and then it worked! No error messages or pop-ups showed in the UI, but now looking at the log, I’m fairly certain the ClassCastException errors occurred at that time.

I’ve attached the log for that period. I think you can ignore the SQLException’s between the first error and the later ClassCast errors; I was having trouble getting the right combination of driver jar and URL. I included them just on the chance that they somehow led to the Table view being in a ‘bad’ state.

At this point, all seems to be working fine.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #490601 Reply

support-swapna

Dwight,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the details and the log file. We could not replicate the issue at our end.

Can you please clarify if the issue can be consistently replicated every time you switch to a new workspace?

If you can consistently replicate the issue then please share with us more details about the Database and its version, the driver version details to help us replicate the issue at our end.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#490870 Reply

Dwight
    Participant

I recreated both issues, although the second issue may just be a result of the first problem — maybe the Table/Object Info window did not complete initialization.

Attached are zip files with the .log, a screenshot, and brief list of the steps involved. Just for ease of review & folks searching, here were the steps:

1. Start ME 2016 CI4 on empty workspace directory.
    2. Window / Perspective / Open Perspective / ME Database Explorer
    3. Click on Table/Object Info window tab.
    -> error logged (java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0);
    Table window shows “Failed to create the parts controls”
    4. Clicked “Details” and error from log shows in Table window.
    (first zip file contains the above info & screen shot)
    —————
    5. In DB Browser window, rt-click, New…
    driver settings:
    driver template: MySql Connector/J
    name: local-30
    url: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/lsdb30
    jar: mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar
    Checked ‘save password’
    Click Finish

6. Rt-click ‘local-30’ connection, ‘Open connection’
    expand ‘connected to’
    expand database (lsdb30)
    expand ‘Tables’
    left-click on ‘address’
    -> ClassCastException error logged.
    (updated .log, screenshot in 2nd zip file)
    ——
    I then closed the Table/Object info window, then added it back (window/show view…) and then it worked fine, displaying table information.

Hope that helps!
    ———————
    (for searches….)
    first error:
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.views.TableInfoView.initialize(TableInfoView.java:80)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.views.TableInfoView.createPartControl(TableInfoView.java:34)
    second error:
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.ui.internal.ErrorViewPart cannot be cast to com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.views.TableInfoView
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.views.DatabaseTreeViewer$3.selectionChanged(DatabaseTreeViewer.java:129)

Attachments:
    #490945 Reply

support-swapna

Dwight,

Thank you for the details and the files. From the screenshot, I see that the DB Browser view is empty. By default, the MyEclipse Derby database should be listed. The various issues you are seeing might be related to the MyEclipse Derby being broken in your installation.

Please go to menu Help > About MyEclipse section, click on ‘Installation Details’ and switch to the Plug-ins tab. In the filter text box, type com.genuitec.eclipse.derby and check if the MyEclipse Derby is listed.

Can you try starting MyEclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the MyEclipse Derby is listed in the Servers view / DB Browser view and whether you see the NPEs during publish and the issue with Table/Object Info view ?

Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse using -clean command : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

Thank you for your support and patience.Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#493402 Reply

Dwight
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in responding.
    Since the last report I have upgraded to 2016 CI 5. Ran that with -clean and a new workspace; the Derby server is not in Servers window, only Tomcat v7.0. The DB Browser window is still empty, and I still see the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException logged when I click on the Table/Object Info tab.

In Installation details / Plug-ins, filtering by com.genuitec.eclipse.derby shows no entries.

Probably unrelated but possibly of interest – the log has LOTS of FileNotFoundException entries for http://startbootstrap.com/assets/img/templates/… files.

.log file is attached.

Note that this issue is not a problem for me, but I’ll try to provide whatever doc you need if you want to pursue it.

Attachments:
    #493477 Reply

support-swapna

Dwight,

Thank you for the log file. Sorry that you are still seeing issues with the Table/Object Info view.
    The MyEclipse Derby plugin should get installed with the Database component. Looks like something went wrong with your installation.

If you want to fix the MyEclipse Derby then you need to repair the MyEclipse installation by rerunning the installer. Please note that the repair will reset the MyEclipse 2016 to default state and you will have to install the custom/third party plugins once again.

As you mentioned that the missing Derby is not a problem for you, you can continue working with your current installation instead of repairing it. At this point, we do not need any more information to investigate the issue.

Thank you for your support in investigating this issue. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you see any other issues with MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: DB Browser – Table/Object Info errors on first use

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in